definetely a CRB

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

jexter

definetely a CRB

Postby jexter » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:31 pm

It happened in "Naujoji Medeina". My char name: "Sella Hovenheit", ship (longship) name "Apolionas".

The man in his twenties (a newspawn I think) tried to steal my boat (it was unlocked), but I locked it, and I'm far more powerful than him (I had a bronze battle axe, he took a spear from the deck), he was almost dead and he saw that and used many resources in ridiculous projects which maybe will be never completed. I suppose this is a CRB. Please help me, punish that player and restore my resources if you can.
Oberleutnant Jexter
Kommandant Panzer Lehr Division
Panzergruppe Dietrich
Deutsche Wermacht
marol

Postby marol » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:49 pm

I am sorry, but according to game policy these won't be restored, unless there are any machines blocked with them.
(SRVPRC)
jexter

Postby jexter » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:27 am

What? Why?

He used a lot of resources on projects which requires advanced tools. And he began projects on items I will hardly need: 15 earthenware window box, 7 mortar and pestle, a 64000 grams drying dung projects. That is a serious breach of rules, to punish that player is not enough. It is clear he did it all purposely, just before his death.

So what should I do now? I with my friends collected the resources for quite a time, we were set to go on a journey. Now we must sent another year collecting everything? And then to travel with a boat which is full of unfinished windows boxes, mortars, stone pots, cooper pots etc.

Why do suicidal new spawns are dealt with and these not? It was practically a suicide, only with worse consequences.
Oberleutnant Jexter

Panzergruppe Dietrich

Deutsche Wermacht
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:48 pm

The point is that unless resources are in a locked space, they can be taken by anyone and used for anything. It's sabotauge, you might as well think of it as such that the person threw them overboard since you can't get them back. There is no built-in mechanic for breaking things or throwing them overboard or into a ravine so people who are desperate enough will use any means they have in causing trouble. This person had an ingame reason for it, they were being killed and they wanted revenge. It wasn't necessarily suicidal, if he had undocked before you caught him then I assume you wouldn't have had another boat with which to catch him?
Not-so-sad panda
jexter

Postby jexter » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:49 pm

No I wouldn't. But this is not a case. He just spawned and tried to steal (maybe his char wasn't strong enough?), saw that it won't succeed and spoiled my chars "life" just for fun, I bet his other chars just being spawned tried to steal if there was anything to steal. No RP'ing, no words, just a bis fat spoil and I'm being told that it is everything ok. Play further.

Ok let's forget the resources then at least delete those projects and have a good talk with that person.
Oberleutnant Jexter

Panzergruppe Dietrich

Deutsche Wermacht
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:21 pm

I can understand yur annoyance, but put yourself in the position of someone locked up. With the Cantr scenario, it's pretty impossible to fight your way out. Your only form of protest is to do this sort of thing. (Another PD member's char now has a couple of unwanted primitive smelters and a lot less stone... and they didn't complain, as far as I know.)
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Still, the drying dung project at least must be blocking a machine. So, for consistency, that should be removed.
♫ bling! ♫
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Yeah. Anyway, the player should be contacted and told to give places a chance instead of just hopping to the nearest vehicle.
Not-so-sad panda
jexter

Postby jexter » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:16 pm

tiddy ogg wrote:Another PD member's char now has a couple of unwanted primitive smelters and a lot less stone... and they didn't complain, as far as I know.

2 smelters are not 15 earthenware window boxes, 7 mortars and pestles, some pots and 64000 grams drying dung projects (which it blocking a machine!!!).

I really think that the Board should change her view to such new spawns which as soon as they spawned try to steal. Awful RP.
Oberleutnant Jexter

Panzergruppe Dietrich

Deutsche Wermacht
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm

OK on the consistency thing, but building another fire pit, assuming you have a few grams of stone left, is easy.

Well, leave it to those in charge, They sometimes make exceptions, but that then leads to the conspiracy theorists claiming favouritism etc.
Bear

Postby Bear » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:02 pm

As far as I know Jexter you'll get help with the sabotaged machine, just email the details to support email address : Image .
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:27 pm

In real life, you'd be able to undo the projects...
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:56 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:In real life, you'd be able to undo the projects...

Touche, but in real life you don't spawn, either...
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:51 am

That's what they want you to think. :roll:
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:23 am

I don't feel it's bad RP since the efficiency of boats is information you can have at spawning. Some of my characters have had their vehicles and resources stolen, and not just added to a project. Maybe you should take up being a pot salesman and you'll get some of your stuff back.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”