Another very specific question

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Sicofonte

Another very specific question

Postby Sicofonte » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:09 pm

You have two characters, one a criminal, and other captain in a organization.
The organization captures the criminal and the judges of the organization decide that the prisioner will work in your captains' ship.

Would be that acceptable if the prisioner (working in a hold) and the captain do not interact never?.
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
Reindeer^

Postby Reindeer^ » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:49 am

You can have two chars in the same location...
Why should that rule be different in this case?
You get attacked by a human losing 42 percent of your strength.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:31 am

Again, the PD view is to avoid contact, the RP view is to contact as if it is not your character.
To extend on that though, because the later choice is difficult, the RD choice should thus be upheld preferably.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:33 am

Reindeer^,

The Players Department has long had a policy of disallowing two characters of the same player from working for the same organization.

Sicofonte,

That's a pretty tough situation you're in. Personally, back when I was in PD, it would be my preference if the judges found something else for him to do. After all, it's your character's ship, and the prisoner/keeper dynamics revolve heavily around the fact that the prisoner never really knows for sure what their keeper has in mind for them. I would think it would be nearly impossible for you to play your criminal without this knowledge biasing your criminal's actions, and I say this as someone who has a very strong sense of character individuality that just mentally put myself into your shoes.

But I'm not in PD anymore, so, just my two cents.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:35 am

You can have two characters in the same location, as far as they do not interact nor get advantage one form the other.

In this case, the prisioner will be working for the organization that supports the captain. The outcome of the prisoner's work will benefit that organization, although not directly the captain.

And in any case, "is this interaction unavoidable?":
No,
the captain can refuse to have that prisoner in his holds (but this could be hard to RP since the captain and the prisoner had good relations in the past, before the criminal became it, and everyone in the organization think that this is a good place for the prisoner),
or the prisoner can start making troubles (but in that case, if I play properly the captain, the prisoner would be executed, and the prisoner doesn't want that),
or the captain can resign (but that's not his desire).
And other "solutions" can be find, for sure
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:40 am

This situation is highly undesirable, and should be avoided if at all possible. As Sicofonte mentioned, there are numerous solutions. One of my vaforites would be for the captain to "fall asleep" If the people who passed judgment can't get the prisoner onto the ship within a few days, they will probably find something else to do with him.
mtm21

Postby mtm21 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:59 am

And what if the captain is in the other part of the ship and the other criminal is a spy for the other criminals in the hold. It would be CRB if the criminal is to change the captain's decision OOCly (throught the criminals eyes) If it is the boat I am on... I'm sure I don't want to die because of a few things I said when the captain wasn't present. :(
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Doug R. wrote:I would think it would be nearly impossible for you to play your criminal without this knowledge biasing your criminal's actions, and I say this as someone who has a very strong sense of character individuality that just mentally put myself into your shoes.

That's the question, my friend.

I will PM more details under demand (you know, I have alot).
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Talapus wrote:One of my vaforites would be for the captain to "fall asleep" If the people who passed judgment can't get the prisoner onto the ship within a few days, they will probably find something else to do with him.

No way. The prisoner was judged into the ship. And anyways, many of the crew has keys (one of the judges also).

Talapus wrote:This situation is highly undesirable, and should be avoided if at all possible. As Sicofonte mentioned, there are numerous solutions.

For me this is enough. The prisoner and the captain won't be in the same location. And most of outcome of the prisoner's work will benefit the organization but not the captain (PM me if PD wants more details).
rconley

Postby rconley » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:25 am

First avoiding contact with your characters when possible is the best option. Not every incident is answered with a simple yes do this, no don't do that. Each case is different depending on the circumstances surrounding it. In this case, the prisoner has no choice in the matter does he? He is going to have to follow the judge's ruling of course. This doesn't give you as a player the choice about him working in the same organization or not. He has no choice in the matter. However, if the captain has anything to say about having this prisoner on his ship, you being the captain, it should be avoided if at all possible. You do not need to have one working for the other even by the judge's ruling if there is
another option to keep him off the ship.

If you have further questions on this particular case Sicofonte, please contact us or send me a pm with your questions and we'll get them answered as quick as possible.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”