Radio communication between your chars CRB?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Sicofonte

Radio communication between your chars CRB?

Postby Sicofonte » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Just a question.

If two of your characters, in different places, have both access to radio receiver and transmitter, and one of then emits a message:

It is CRB that the other answers before 1 day have passed? Like in trade.

If it is, it will be CRB also to react to the information in the message, isn't?
And then, each character of yours will be asleep 24 hours each time they listen a message from another of your characters.

Or, one should wait only until other character (not yours) react to the message? even just for asking "Ey, boss, did you listen that?".
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
darek

Re: Radio communication between your chars CRB?

Postby darek » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:57 pm

I tkink that one of your chcracter should wait for other character and then it will be ok.
marol

Postby marol » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm not in PD, so I may be wrong, but...

The background is important. Why one of your characters emits a message audible to another? Is it a broadcast or is sent directly to the another one?

The guide line I always tried to follow was that characters can not cooperate unless it is unavoidable. I consider radio communication as a cooperation too. So if I was you, I would never answer the message. Unless it would be unavoidable... but then I would ask myself about sending the message when I know the other one would have to answer - was that really neccesary?

And the number of days isn't really important. When I see a character coming to another character's place to trade, ask everybody and waits one day and then trading with that other (related) character - in 95% cases it's not the period of waiting is problem. The real problem was that the player sent the character there, cause he knew that if it would be impossible to trade with others, he could trade with his another character.

When player sends a character to trade to unknown place, he is not sure if it will be possible. When he sends it to the place where his other character is, he gains an advantage, cause he's sure that trade will be successfull, no mater how long would he wait - a day or a week. And this is real CRB to me.
(SRVPRC)
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:28 am

The PD view:
Avoid the contact

The RP view:
Contact as if it is not your character
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:48 am

If it were up to me:

If you're the only character in the room, go tell someone outside that there is a message coming through, that you'll be asleep for a while and can't answer it yourself.

But Marol has a good point: Why is your character broadcasting on your other character's frequency anyway?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
ceselb

Postby ceselb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Doug R. wrote:Why is your character broadcasting on your other character's frequency anyway?

General communication is mostly done on the default frequency (100 iirc).
"I'll start with who, what, where, and when, followed by whither, whether, wherefore and whence, and follow that up with a big side-order of 'why'." -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 pm

One is the chief of the main organization in a town, and the main builder of radios in the island.

The other is one of the main colaborators of the Major of another town with radio.

Another is chief of another organization in another town that are installing the radio equipment.

*coughs*

Another is one of the main partners in a organization that is going to buy a radio.

Another, second-in-command of the boss of another town, have finished the radiotransmitter some time ago (the receiver is older).

*scratches his ear and clears one's throat*

Another is going to build a radio in his vehicle... one of the above also.

And gold and rubber are becoming common, and I have more characters (only 3 of 14 are actively scaping from the island) so... :roll:

Do you heared something about the Foederation/Federación?
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
rconley

Postby rconley » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:11 am

If your character is not the only one in the room, you should give an adequate amount of time for the other characters to respond to the message first. If no one responds, then and only then should your other character respond to the message. The exception to this would be if it is your character's JOB to man the radio and relay messages. Then it would be fine for your character to respond as normal.

If your character is the only one in the room at the time, you would respond just as if it was someone else's character on the other end of the radio. BUT having so many of your own characters manning the radios, should be avoided as well so that you are not putting yourself in this kind of position.

Again, any other questions on this issue, contact us via the department form or pm me.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”