The turkish smurf problem

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

SCUBA

The turkish smurf problem

Postby SCUBA » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:04 pm

Neva wrote:It's hard to get maybe, if all your characters has their own ship. Or their own buses etc. But in all Turkish locations are Smurfs Towns. And we all trust each other.

I think this is were the problem for you turks is! :!:

This is what my experience as a player also say, and now I have it written. I think this way of playing the game will be out of the CR itself. If you in a maybe small language play very cooperatively this is what will happend.

As I understand the CR no character could ever trust all the characters speaking the same language. If you let your character do that you use OOC info as the trust is based of what you as a player know about your own language area.

With the characters I have had in the from the beginning turkish zone this is what I have met. Characters with iron and steel tools but no locks on doors.

Should the game realy be played like that?

And, should they later when their peace is desturbed by swedish newspawns, they all over the area, at the same time, solve the problem with killing all swedes off? And later, when some escapers kick back, run and scream about CRB? This is maybe not the question for this thread. The thing is! I think it is a CRB, or at least big influense of OOC information, to trust characters just for speaking turkish.

meddah wrote:We usually ask when someone comes to a location: "Say some complex phrases so we can understand that you are not a spy"

They even try actively to sort them out this way. Is it ok to trust characters that can speak complex phrases more than they who don't? :?:

I think not!

Stop smurfing! This is Cantr :D not sandbox :? .
/SCUBA

-------------------------------------------------------

<Nick> I have enjoyed some of your forum posts which is rare.
Neva

Postby Neva » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:37 pm

I didn't want to use that word. But if wanna read it in my post it's ok.

Smurfing means "communism" and it's not just normal, also urgent in small language areas.

When a char spawn, he is "tabula rasa" and begins to learn something. He has to trust someone, because he see he can't survive alone. So he trust the main chars at the location. After he trust to nice chars at the location. And if this char is a Turkish char in Turkish area, he learn not to trust anybody speaks another language, they might be Swedes. Because he does not speak foreign languages and he does not understand when someone speaks Swedish or Japanese.

This is not an OOC knowledge. This is the experience of a char.

This topic is really smurfed me a lot, but it was not necessary to open a new topic about our smurfing.

LAST: Stop ogaming, it's Cantr!
SCUBA

Postby SCUBA » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Neva wrote:LAST: Stop ogaming, it's Cantr!

Can You please define ogame for me? :)

Neva wrote:Smurfing means "communism" and it's not just normal, also urgent in small language areas.

I do not agree! Maybe big cooperation is urgent in a not developed location if you whant to develop that location. Maybe also cooperation between locations to get a poorly developed area to boost. But that is not the same as trusting all characters, (all that speak the same language, or even, speak it well enough to make complicated phrases.

Neva wrote:When a char spawn, he is "tabula rasa" and begins to learn something. He has to trust someone, because he see he can't survive alone. So he trust the main chars at the location. After he trust to nice chars at the location. And if this char is a Turkish char in Turkish area, he learn not to trust anybody speaks another language, they might be Swedes.

The problem is not as I see it that you do not trust foreign characters. That is normal. The problem is that you trust all characters that speak complicated turkish phrases. That is OOC influense. The normal thing to do is not to trust anyone before you know them. And this problem occurs probably more often in small and very cooperative language areas like the turkish one.

I think that the turkish area needs own thiefs, murderes, rapers, flamers... That speak long complicated turkish phrases. Probably they will also be very rich very fast, :D as all the turkish characters will trust them and give them what they whant. Woulden't that be fun to play some characters like that? Or is "your" Cantr just about building a nice little peaceful place with all machines and tools that the RD can invent? If thet is the picture you have of what cantr is, I think you need visits from "the swedish liberation army", "the polish gang of piracy", "the french clan of destruction", "the chinese mafia" and many others to teach you what cantr also is about.
Last edited by SCUBA on Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/SCUBA

-------------------------------------------------------

<Nick> I have enjoyed some of your forum posts which is rare.
meddah

Postby meddah » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:06 pm

There is a misunderstanding.

Example Character 1:

He stopped the Turkish chars, who tried to kill a newspawn Swedish character. He give food to the swedish character, he spoke to him Swedish via IC dictionary, he also helped him to escape.

Example Character 2:

He was attacked by Swedish characters, when he was a newspawned. A non-speaking character steal everything in city, where he settled after swed attack and runs to the swedish location on the turkish island. After that happened, he always asks to the newspawns for a complex phrase; to understand he is Turkish or not.

Example Character 3:

He is one of the main characters in a city. There is another character, spawned about one month ago. He does everything my character asks, and begging for a weapon. But my character still didn't give him a weapon. Because he cannot trust him. But it doesn't mean if a Turkish named ship docks to that city, my he will kill every character in that ship. So i don't have vandal characters.

Not:

Characters, i told about in first and second examples were CRB characters of Swedish Players. Because of this CRBs i had to change my characters natures.

EDIT for SCUBA's Second Post:

As i see, we have thiefs and rapers. But they don't try to capture cities. Rapers rapes someone and thiefs steal something. So what? They don't travels with ships. :lol: If one raper captures a ship and became a serial naval raper. Of course our characters will be prepared when they see a Turkish ship docking.

Also it's not a good RP to be a thief in an area without proterty right. You can have anything you need. So you don't think the reasons to became a thief. You can't just do this. Hmm i create a new character now. This one will be a thief. But if your character needs something and could not get what he want. He start to steal.

Or a muder character has to have a reason to kill someone. If not. It's not a good RP for me!
Last edited by meddah on Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:19 pm

The swedish islands have allways had thives, pirates and gangs of crazy people beliving in some strange god that makes them act in a certain way against other characters that not belives in what they belive.

By that the turkish characters have always cooperated is first of all to me a CRB. Second, i find it to bee a CRB to kill every swedish character just because the sweds brought something new to the turkish islands, diversity.

A newspawn isen't automaticly friends with every other turkish character or have the same belives. A newspawn is one that thinks only for him self until he have talked to another character and started to thrust that one. So until he/she have started to trust someone else they trust only them selves.

A whole language area can't be friendly and cooperating with every one else. If they could do so means that they all have the same personality. Which is highly unlikely. If the turks haven't experienced thives, crazy orginazations or pirates then all turkish characters have the same personalities. Which makes the whole turkish area a CRB in my eyes.
meddah

Postby meddah » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:25 pm

Liljum i suggest you to read, before you answer.
meddah

Postby meddah » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:32 pm

My characters has reasons to be friendly or to be paranoid. Does yours has reasons to get crazy.

One of my chars is alone in a city and speaks to herself. But she has a reason.

REASONS

Does your gang characters has reasons to be a part of this gangs? Or does the thiefs has reasons to became a thief?

No.

Ok then. Call me a Capital Rule Breacher! You are so cool, you can create their destiny, before you create the character!

I give only physical quailities, one of them is deaf. So i also saw a character cannot speak.

Personality is something your charcter will gain after!
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:41 pm

I know about your post, but i was working on my post when you was posting yours.
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Yes, the path they take isen't always choosen at the time the character is created. It could come alot later. But this dosen't mean that the whole community should become friendly and cooperativ. I play on both the swedish islands and the english and i have never seen a better unified organisation that spans such large area.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Maybe we should talk about how we individually play our characters instead of generalizing everything to "Turks" and "Swedes"? Otherwise we keep thinking in terms of language groups. I mean, the language groups are important and one of the most distinguishable cultural features in Cantr, but maybe we're overemphasising is right now.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”