All Turkish Players are tired about Swedish Players CRB's

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

meddah

Postby meddah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:34 pm

I guess so. Thank you Bear!

Than... If Liljum explains us, where they that word "çabukluk", the other Turkish slang speeches learned, is not a CRB or IC, just like, what he explained in this topic.

What do you think Liljum, is this more IC than say all yours characters projects (or names for the other Swedish Players)?
Sho

Postby Sho » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:38 pm

He can give his explanation to PD in private. Not in the forums.
meddah

Postby meddah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:46 pm

I just don't expected that he will give an explanation here, he just said, he can't explain because it'll be an IC explanation.

So i wanted to warn him, there is no IC in Swedish forums, and he hasn't to be shy!

CRB cannot stop him, in Forums! That is not the reason.
Sho

Postby Sho » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:51 pm

Even if the CR does not apply to his explanation, it is PD that needs to hear it, not us. Shouting at people in the forums does nothing to stop CRBs.

For those who may have missed it:
Jos Elkink wrote:Ok, before we get a lengthy discussion here, perhaps it's better if you email your arguments to the PD. The PD is looking into the case.
Neva

Postby Neva » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:32 am

meddah wrote:I just don't expected that he will give an explanation here

Me too..

I read was Jos Elkink wrote, Sho..
Did you read, what meddah wrote?..

We don't shout people, we just need justice and we need it as soon as possible!

I posted this topic to make it quicker, so i need "çabukluk", as you see they are working to make it slower.
AyS

Postby AyS » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:30 am

I had a character in that area.
Swedish players' characters are the NPC's of cantr for me. So synchronized, so organized and so stereotype. You call it a good trained army Liljum. I call it OGAME. And if this breach (not attack) will not stop, there will be nothing back from cantr. Please don't kill cantr. We are begging you, i believe all turkish players think the same.
"çabukluk" doesn't mean rapid, it is important! It means "rapidity" and how could a cant character use this word?
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:43 am

Neva wrote:I posted this topic to make it quicker, so i need "çabukluk", as you see they are working to make it slower.

If you are hoping that we will read this cabukluk word and immediately conclude that there is a major CRB breach and immediately start punishing people then you are in bad luck. The PD works a lot more careful than that and we're not going to react immediately to any mass outcry. We have to see if it is really not possible that it was fair play and just the one word / ship name does not prove much.

The PD is actively investigating the case, and if we find any evidence of a CRB, we'll act on it, but give us some chance to properly check what happened and to listen to both sides of the story.
Neva

Postby Neva » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:07 am

I'm sorry, to be in a hurry.

I have my reasons and i hope i can RP again!
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:10 am

Only because i whant to tell my side of the story to PD dosen't make me responsible for the name of the ship or the line "Merhaba, ben Azra."

It only means that i have a character there and that i can tell a little about it.

EDIT: Actually some swedish players sees the turkish characters as robots with telepathic abilities. They all do the same thing at the same time in different places.
SCUBA

Postby SCUBA » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:20 am

I can explain the çhabukluk thing and I do it here so you all see it. The raker was named by a character played by an friend of me that now has stopped playing. He works for me and I just spoke with him, here is his explonation.

'The character who named the raker was born in the north part of the turkish island. His name was Onsalar, probably very known to many old turkish players as he was a very successful thief. After living among the turks in the north part of the island for some cantr years, he walked to the capital and stole a sloop and almost everything stored in the town. After that he raided the turkish costal towns for a while before he met some swedish refugees from the turkish slaughter of all swedish characters. He desided to go to swedish islands to use all his stolen things and recruite an army and build a navy. And so he did. When the name of the raker came up among his recruters it was first desided to name the raker after an animal from the IC dictionary he had.

In the forums he found that if you lived long in an area with an foreign language spoken, the character would pick it up. Due to this he asumed that Onsalar knew turkish and used a turkish friend of him to help name the raker.'

So the raker is named with use of OOC information.

EchoMan wrote:Dom karaktärerna jag spawnade hos är jätesnälla och försöker lära min karaktär språket. Den svensk som nyligen besökte dom hade börjat jobba med en liten lexikon med dom, så det finns några ord att bygga vidare på.

Jag har bestämt mig för att inte använda någon online doctionary eller något sånt första året för att simulera att jag långsamt snappar upp språket, men sen blir det väl någon översättartjänst tror jag.

Inte ofta man har en så här bra chans att lära sig lite turkiska. :)

That is the forum post he refered to. It can be found in this thread: http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7154

In translation it would be something like this.

EchoMan wrote:The characters I spawned with are very nice and tries to teach my character the language. The swede that reasently visited them had started to make a dictionary with them, so there is some words to build on.

I have desided to not use any online dictionary or something like that the first year to simulate that I slowly pick up the language, but later it will probably be some kind of translation service I think.

Not often you have a good chance to learn a bit turkish. :)

There should be more like this in english, but I didn't find it. This is ofcourse no excuse for him to name the raker OOCly. Even the rules about how to handle language wasn't that developed during that time. It will be up to PD to punish the "swedish liberation army" for using a raker named by OOC means. By a character no longer alive and a player not playing anymore.

As I know from my character, the raker has already been in three other turkish harbours and done the same. Probably it will visit some more. So the bigest punish is IMHO, that the name of the raker is published here. It will take away the sneeking possibility.

About the Azra case. There is maps that the "swedish liberation army" have that are made by an Azra.

There has been said onboard the raker that, "Merhaba, ben XXX" is a way to introduce yourself in turkish. Many of the people onboard are born in a swedish refuee camp. How to fight and defend against turks is the main discussion subjecy in that place. So the thing, that a swedish char intruduce itself in turkish shouldn't be a CRB. Not in this case anyhow. Btw it is not my character that did that.

Last! It will be many in game means to stop the "swedish liberation army". I think that you should use them. Read Seko's post above. PD should ofcourse look into it too, but to go to them every time you lose a big battle is IMHO waist of valuable PD time. That is the main reason I answer here.
/SCUBA

-------------------------------------------------------

<Nick> I have enjoyed some of your forum posts which is rare.
meddah

Postby meddah » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:23 pm

Thank you for your explanations, Scuba and Liljum

I take as a confess, what Scube wrote about the ship named OOC, i'm sure PD will solve this problem soon.
It doesn't make any sense, someone got authorization to use dictionaries OOC.

And... I know, there is many ways to defeat your Swedish Army. But you attacked us by cheating and it will be not fair if we attack you fairly. And none of Turkish players dosen't want to cheat. We just want to survive our characters until they achieve their own targets. This is, what cantr means for us.

This is not a punishment that we called the rakers name public.
Because the charcters from other cities will think it's a Turkish ship. None of my chars has any information about CRB. I can't tell them that the other players made CRB and this is a published name of a Swedish Ship. Sorry, if i do so, it will be CRB.

If you asking for a fair punishment. I see only one way. All the chars in that ship will dissapear. Too many chars, who was just watching when raker docks, has died or hurt. They cannot come back and they just died or hurt, because of this CRB.

So if two side are saying the same thing "ship named OOC" there is nothing to investigate. We can wait for punishment now.

About Azra:

That is not about the name, i undestood it. You found it in Maps. (You have also clever characters, they can seperate Azra from Azra'nın) If you have the colorful dictionary Svensk-Türkçe-Deutsch-English you can also see that name seperated.

But this example is: "Merhaba, benim adım Azra", but that character said: "Merhaba, ben Azra" I find this ironic. If that char has nothing in his/her conversation history something like that: "Merhaba, ben XXX", I am Sorry, he/she is the one who can read minds.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:30 pm

To be sure: if the Turkish players are going to breach the CRB because otherwise it's unfair, they'll be treated like any other breach of the CRB. This story about the name of the ship is not a legitimate excuse to start breaking the rules.

What the right punishment will be is up to the PD, not you. We're definitely not simply going to kill all characters involved.

In my opinion, the case is very much a borderline case, and not in any sense a huge CRB. I think you guys are making a very big deal of it. And yes, it's annoying if someone acts as if he's a Turkish, but it's also a smart tactic, which you can just deal with IC.

Finally, if your characters can all assume that when the boat is Turkish, they're safe, then that does not sound proper either.

Anyway, enough said on both sides, can we please close this discussion here and leave it to the PD? Thanks.
Neva

Postby Neva » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:31 pm

SCUBA wrote:
So the raker is named with use of OOC information.

I wanted to read this, thank you.

SCUBA wrote:
Last! It will be many in game means to stop the "swedish liberation army". I think that you should use them. Read Seko's post above. PD should ofcourse look into it too, but to go to them every time you lose a big battle is IMHO waist of valuable PD time.

meddah wrote:
And... I know, there is many ways to defeat your Swedish Army. But you attacked us by cheating and it will be not fair if we attack you fairly. And none of Turkish players dosen't want to cheat. We just want to survive our characters until they achieve their own targets. This is, what cantr means for us.

Meddah doesn't mean the Turkish players will start to CRB. He means it's not fair if that ship and that chars will stay there and Turkish chars tries to defeat them.

Jos Elkink wrote:
Finally, if your characters can all assume that when the boat is Turkish, they're safe, then that does not sound proper either.

We are living in a peaceful place and my chars don't see a murderer ship came to harbour before. But they all are awared for the Svenk Pirates. So they prepare when they see a ship named in another language. They also saw two ships named foreign language in that town and they prepared for the battle. I had one character in that foreign named ship and i didn't just stay and wait. But i don't know is it a CRB, but i think it kills RP if my char acts paranoid when he/she sees a ship named Turkish. They think it's one of our ships.

It's hard to get maybe, if all your characters has their own ship. Or their own buses etc. But in all Turkish locations are Smurfs Towns. And we all trust each other. That could not be a Turkish pirate, because the chars didn't hear before about Turkish Pirates. They need to learn it first. Someone has to die, who saw him dying. Maybe he can tell to the other chars. This is RP i guess. Or this is what i understand as RP.

SCUBA wrote:
So the bigest punish is IMHO, that the name of the raker is published here. It will take away the sneeking possibility.

meddah wrote:
If you asking for a fair punishment. I see only one way. All the chars in that ship will dissapear.

It wasn't a suggestion for PD. It was an answer i guess.

We don't take it as a big deal, it effects all the chars, also chars living in other locations, is this so hard to see? I ignore now what happened, all the CRB and that ship on that harbour (I'm not sure it's still there).

I'm waiting for justice. I hope they decide the best. I have no suggestions for them, but if this CRB cannot be solved without saving my RP, I will quit. Because i'm not a diplomat, i am a RP player, i don't care anything but RP when i play Cantr.
SCUBA

Postby SCUBA » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:06 pm

I will adress some problems in a new thread.

http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 762#231762
/SCUBA

-------------------------------------------------------

<Nick> I have enjoyed some of your forum posts which is rare.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:37 pm

I think the fault is in the shady rules concerning bilingual characters. They could've used a word learned from an ingame dictionary, the name of some animal with favourable traits, and that could've been equally effective as using a word learned OOC. I don't think existing players and characters should be punished over something a quit player once did. Using a ship with a foreign name is not a breach, although naming it with off-game sources was.

To the Turkish players, don't think you're the only ones in Cantr to get screwed. Many towns have been wiped out by pirates, and some of those pirates have been played by cheaters. The world is never fair. But Cantr doesn't have the tendency of fixing things with off-game interference. Just live on. The survivors in the town that was attacked will now be prepared and spread the word of the attack. Characters in other towns will know nothing of the threat until the news reach them. If they see the ship before that, they should think no different of it than of any other ship. Sure you might be checking your characters more often if it's nearby, but before an attack happens, you will not know of a threat.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”