Reporting Sabotage/Building Messages

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Surly

Postby Surly » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:53 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:
Antichrist_Online wrote:Kirinn Northfields, in the guardian outpost, there are about five of the max level 1g projects. If they could be cleaned up it would be nice thank you.

About sabotage... is there a programming email to report it to, so they can clear it?
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
jeslange

Postby jeslange » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:41 am

To be clear about how reporting sabotage currently works:

To have the projects removed, the Programming Department needs to be informed. That's done by posting on Flyspray, which can be accessed by a link on your player page in cantr.

To have the player who messed up the machines tormented, the Players Department needs to be informed, which is what this thread is for.

This means, that 2 reports are needed, really. It's inefficient, but the Programming Department isn't likely to read this forum, and the Players Department doesn't use Flyspray.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:20 am

Or send 1 email with all the details to bugs@cantr.net and players@cantr.net which will get to both departments :)
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:47 am

I just have a question...I built a room inside a building..as I was putting the lock on...some one I didn't know, came in and started a mudhut inside..Is there anyway to get this removed...as mud has been placed on it already..but not enough to finish the project..?

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:01 am

The short answer is no , building projects are only removed if the name is
totally unacceptable in the game (i.e. significant OOC references or extremely offensive).

The longer answer is yes , eventually. There is a ProgD development project to allow characters to cancel projects such as these. As to when that will be finished I don't know

Hope that helps
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:26 pm

*sighs* It is simply called Mud Hut!

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:49 pm

I don't know if this counts as sabotage, but it's equally stupid.

I have a cot project with materials added to it on a tandem bike.
Would removing it be out of the question? I don't want to sleep and drive.
Doodle_Jack

Postby Doodle_Jack » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:36 am

Sunni Daez wrote:I built a room inside a building (...) some one I didn't know, came in and started a mudhut inside..

Nick wrote:I have a cot project with materials added to it on a tandem bike.

Is that possible?!?! :lol: I wonder if I could build a mud hut on a bike....
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:25 am

Did you do it? Did you put that mud in my room? :evil:

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:57 pm

On the LB-01, currently at sea, a prisoner/pirate has just created an absurd number of bone manufacturing projects which he has no reasonable chance of finishing. Presumably this is just to throw away the resources, which he grabbed off the deck.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
viktor

Postby viktor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:15 pm

well this idea should be in suggestions but it also has a place here..... the reason people may make these irritating building projects (people who get locked up and so forth) is because they have no other way of etching thier last words into the wall other than to start a building project and add at least 1 gram of material to it. if there was the ability to etch a phrase into a wall it might help it would need to be a timed project so as that guards would need to check if they really care what is written, the process would be sped up signifigantly with a chisel which would also be the tool to use to remove it :wink:
Farbrorn

Postby Farbrorn » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:56 pm

Sent a mail with all the information over a week ago, but nothing happens.

Even if we actually do get all the ~80 projects deleted and we get back our resources, the man responsible of this sabotage actually 'won'. We haven't been able to use our resources or machines for quite some time, so we're just sitting ducks. Even if this works out sooner or later, the man responsible of this sabotage still fulfilled his purpose.

I would like to see something happen, we've been patient for quite some time now.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:33 pm

Farbrorn wrote:Sent a mail with all the information over a week ago, but nothing happens.

Even if we actually do get all the ~80 projects deleted and we get back our resources, the man responsible of this sabotage actually 'won'. We haven't been able to use our resources or machines for quite some time, so we're just sitting ducks. Even if this works out sooner or later, the man responsible of this sabotage still fulfilled his purpose.

I would like to see something happen, we've been patient for quite some time now.

If somone tries to ruin the pirates means of supporting themself while the pirates repeatedly keep attacking his/hers village (even after his/hers death) is that a rule breach? Sabotage is almost as bad as kidnapping and murder...
Farbrorn

Postby Farbrorn » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Murdering/kidnapping is a part of the roleplaying aspect of the game, starting huge projects which locks upp machines are not. Not in my eyes at least.

If there's 100 000 grams of bones in a town that's lying on the ground, do you think it would be acceptable if someone walked in and started 100 000 projects, and put 1 gram in each?
Do you think this thread would exist in the Capital Rule Breaches forum if it was allowed?

Nice of you to stand for what you've done, but you should realize that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:00 pm

First of all I fail to see anything in the Capital Rule pertaining to in-game sabotage. If it is a rule breach, maybe it should be added to the rules?

Second, I thought this thread was about building projects.

Third, if you plan on kidnap and murder someone and drag him/her onboad your ship, wouldn't it be your own responsibility to look after the machines? There are ingame means of preventing machine sabotage.

I didn't know this was "unacceptable", my char could do something to make it harder on the pirates and he did.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”