Note Bomber in Doryiskom

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Agar

Note Bomber in Doryiskom

Postby Agar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:17 am

From "Sore Loser Thief" in General Discussion:

Missy wrote:It may very well have been, but they need to be forewarned that enormous amounts of notes are not needed to make a statement. Six, seven, ten would be fine, but when you start getting into the twenties and thirties ...hundreds..It becomes annoying player behaviour rather than annoying character.

More of an issue where the player knows the characters going to die so they create numerous amounts of uneccessary notes because they know it pisses people off.

In the long run, if the player is not contacted they may feel its alright for them to do this again in the future when in fact it's not.

Rand wrote:i will keep sending notes until my demands are fullfilled

It's being handled in game, as is a seperate issue of a suicidal newspawn, but this player needs to be contacted, IF this is still not tolerated. The suicidal newspawn may just be a well RP'd sicko, but he's still new and gonna die. The note bomber will live out his days as long as I can justify them in game, which is nearly four years.
Reality was never my strong point.
Coramon

Postby Coramon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:16 am

Is there any way to destroy notes?
Wolf wrote:Hm... MTV Deathmatch: Caveman Clobbering?
Or... do they end up forming the local caveman union?
Sho

Postby Sho » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:34 am

No, and there never will be.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:37 pm

Agar, can you please give me some details on this note bombing?
Name of perpetrator (char) and exact title of note(s) would be a great help.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:31 pm

Out of curiousity is letter bombing on its own a CRB, or is it only if it is suicidal?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 pm

How can one determine if it's suicidal or not? Yes, it is against the rules as it is very disruptive to other players/chars, no matter what the motivation is behind it.
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 pm

It depends on the circumstance. Hundreds on notes in a matter of minutes is a CRB as it is just annoying. But 10 notes over a day wouldn't be viewed as harshly.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:19 pm

True, it is a matter of interpretation of how much is too much, and if there is an actual rp purpose to these ten notes. 100, no matter the rp purpose, would be deemed note bombing. 10 might or might not.
Agar

Postby Agar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:57 am

Character : Rand

Note Title : "Tyranny" - (in general)

Kind of a funny situation of a newspawn tell us our town should take over the ISLAND, and then getting tossed in the cooler while waiting to kill someone heading back on the road because I didn't want to listen to his lip, so he claims the town leader is a Tyrant for acting the way he told him too. :lol:

Kids, we call that Irony.

Not insaneIrony, that's completly different.
Reality was never my strong point.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”