**ALERT:** BIGWIGS ARE CHEATING (time for Nick to come back)

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Here is what it says in the Cantr Organizational Constitution.

“All staff members will have to work to preserve or stimulate … the professionalism in the approach of players.”

The “bigwigs” we’re following the rules that apply to them. If you want to debate the constitution, I’m sure you can find a more polite way to do it than flames and accusations.

And to address your concern, any governing body has to have some freedom from under their own laws. If it doesn’t than it would be impossible to enforce their laws. Example: It would be illegal for me to lock my neighbor in my basement for several years, if the government couldn’t put me in prison for doing that, because it is essentially the same thing, how would they be able punish me.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:14 pm

To be honest, I keep finding it totally funny how people keep assuming that I would spend so much time developing a game, running it, designing game rules, managing things, building up a staff, with the sole purpose of cheating myself and feel powerful and ban people for fun that are just online contacts I met through a game ... I mean, come on! :)

My chief interest is playing a cool game. The game will only be cool if people play by the rules. The only way to keep rules is intervening when players don't. That's all. And sometimes it means you have to ban people that actually spice up the game, simply because they are still breaking the rules.

Secondly, I have no clue where you got the idea from that the GAC cannot decide on banning players. The GAC can decide on simply anything in Cantr, it's the supreme authority (and yes, if I propose something, and loose the vote in the GAC, it does not happen).

(EDIT) Furthermore, the ban was based entirely on the PD's research and recommendations, with GAC members having insight in the files.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”