Machine Locks

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

The Industriallist

Machine Locks

Postby The Industriallist » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:22 am

Most people, when they build, say, an iron drill, don't want to do it as a public service. At the moment, there is no way of barring the general public access to outdoor machinery (other than killing or dragging them). A lock that could be added to a machine and only allow the keyholder to use it might stimulate free enterprise
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:01 am

Very good idea.....
Thomas Pickert
Programmer Emeritus

Postby Thomas Pickert » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:25 pm

Yes, a good idea. It is already on our list. It is not currently being worked on, but it will be introduced to the game over time.
oddedd

Postby oddedd » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:13 pm

You know it just occoured to me, alot of things are you list I mean just how big is this list!! I shiver in thinking about it and add my sympathies to the staff!!
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:16 pm

Key points transferred from duplicate thread

http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4275

julie2 wrote:How about locks for machines? Especially out-door machines like Harvesters and drills. Presently, there's no way to stop some idiotic newspawn coming along and starting a project just to try the machine out. Then the project can't be cancelleled right away, if at all; and worse here's no way to tell how big the project is except by working on it (which stops you cancelling the damned thing at all).

Agar wrote:I still agree that this is a good idea, and has only become more so.

Make a lock for the machine. If you don't have the key, the button for the "use machine" doesn't show up for you. That easy.

Other people, even without keys, can help you work on the project by looking up the actities list, just like always, the big difference is only a select few schmucks can now start the project.
Wilmer Bordonado

Postby Wilmer Bordonado » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:44 am

I don't know if it's worth to say it, but in my humble opinion, locks for machines could be a great improvement for the game. Is it too hard to implement?

Of course there no way of locking a small fire pit at all -and it would be unrealistic- , but drilling and harvesting machines are a need, since they're too hard to built and too easy to sabotage.

Wilmer B.
SI A LA VIDA, NO A LAS PAPELERAS!
http://www.noalapapelera.com.ar
YES TO LIFE, NO TO PULP MILLS!
http://chrislang.blogspot.com/2006_08_31_chrislang_archive.html
Jaguar45

Postby Jaguar45 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:39 pm

First suggested (and accepted?) in 2003! Is this off your list now or is it just that it is and will remain on the bottom of "The List" meaning it will never be implemented?
Everything you work out, works out.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”