Animals should eat stuff

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SekoETC

Animals should eat stuff

Postby SekoETC » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:19 am

At the moment animals do not eat anything but they could nibble on the corpses, it's only logical when they kill people, they should also eat them. If you leave corpses lying outside that will attract more animals but if corpses are buried then the carcass-eaters will travel elsewhere. Or attack people but if they do not succeed in killing people they would wander away. Carnivores can also eat grass-eating animals. In some places people let the nice animal population grow all the time so they have unlimited population of harmless resource-carriers but this way the beasts would start multiplying faster and you could not trick this way.
Not-so-sad panda
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:18 pm

Oooh. Seko strikes back with another good idea!
viktor

Postby viktor » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:59 pm

haha you know what? as a sort of experiment i tossed wheat on the ground hoping that it would make the nimals breed faster :lol: would be funny if it would work.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:14 pm

Merge of thread GET THAT DOG AWAY FROM MY MEAT!!!
pie wrote:Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:55 am Post subject: GET THAT DOG AWAY FROM MY MEAT!!! Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Ok.. its as simple as this.

Animals EAT WATS LEFT ON THE GROUND!!!!

Of course they can only eat food, but THEY SHURE DO EAT IT!!!!

This will cous... NOTHING AT ALL!!! o great. Another rejected sugestion.

But this will help with the decomposition of meat, and of course,they could eat dead bodys.

And this would help with the making so that animals can eat other animals.
Theatris wrote:Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Don't think pie's a complete idiot here guys, this is a very good suggestion.

Don't you hate those little bits on the ground like, 1 gram of apples, or 2 grams of potatoes? I definately hate it, and it's a good idea, too. It could help speed up reproduction, and people could purposely put things on the ground to get populations up.

Pat on the back, Pie. Now I'll BRB while I flame all your other posts. Smile
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:48 pm

huh, i forgot about this thread. BUT MY THREAD NAME IS COOLER!!!! :cry:
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:34 am

Pie wrote:huh, i forgot about this thread. BUT MY THREAD NAME IS COOLER!!!! :cry:

And 10x more confusing.

Anyway, I like it, and when animals are individualized and allowed to enter buildings, it would be nice to see a cow get caught in an unlocked food storage and raise some ruckus. Perhaps door knobs will allow keyless entry but keep animals out?
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Hellzon

Postby Hellzon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:46 am

TatteredShoeLace wrote:Perhaps door knobs will allow keyless entry but keep animals out?

Unlocked doors (having locks, of course) should block animals too. Of course, locking stupid animals out shouldn't require iron, so I'm all for a wooden knob, too.
[21:35] Sunni: no peeing on people in chat!
Pie

Postby Pie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:12 pm

HURAY!!!! So, if i leav my tent door open long enough... ILE HAVE A CIRCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn

Paranormal Investigation Exorsism

Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison

Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Seeker

Postby Seeker » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:36 am

The non-carnivore animals could eat either food off the ground or resources. Just imagine, all the gathering slots for spinage are taken up by sheep. It's an almost realistic problem, in more civilized towns someone might build a fence which would prevent the animals from eating the spinage. If you don't have a fence just kill a sheep.
WWFSMD?
BATBYGOBSTOPL!
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:47 am

Yes, this is a long time planned part of individualising animals ...
WojD

Postby WojD » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:58 am

Seeker wrote:If you don't have a fence just kill a sheep.

Not bad idea - but fences becomes necessary...
==============
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 pm

For a long time I've been staring at this title and thinking - what a silly idea and one that has been said many times before. And then "wait, I started this topic". :roll: Anyway, I started this topic before gathering limits came existant so I don't support animals taking over resource gathering slots. Eating "stuff" referred to resources gathered and dropped on the ground by characters, and the corpses.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Likely Suggestions”