Machines on Ships

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

g1asswa1ker

Machines on Ships

Postby g1asswa1ker » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 pm

new machinary for ships... large fishing net... gather tuna, eta eta
or at least something to make fish in the sea and I really would like to see something to do with whales, shrimp, eta eta.... Don't care what it's called just that it can be done... to long has the sea been available and nothing can be done with it other then sail from point a to point b or pirate... for some communities the ocean is their lively hood with out it they would die.... :twisted:
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
psychowico

Re: Machines on Ships

Postby psychowico » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:22 am

I thinking it's nice idea. Simple items like fishing nets that can give our 3x more fish than fishing rod - but work only when ship is on the sea. It give our characters more reason for doing small ships - even if their don't want leave their villages. It is rather simple but give our some starting point for true fishermen, not only people who doing this because they don't have any other idea.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 am

I just realized that we have 2 types of nets in game.. But man.. With fishing rod we can fish much faster and with nets we can catch only salmon.. Please, add some similar items with better capabilities.. :roll:
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am

I believe the reason for the restriction is so that characters shouldn't be able to have portable cities. They have to go ashore some time to restock on food, effectively make materials and so on. Maybe we should add more options for fishing etc, but it shouldn't be too effective.
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I believe the reason for the restriction is so that characters shouldn't be able to have portable cities.

If they want eats only fish by all life - why not? We can build fishing nets only on small ships, this looks reasonably - but if I can catch more fish on ground with fishing rod - this destroy indea of fishers and their small boats ;)

EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Because you would have a portable city if we allowed the same machinery on ships as on land.

We don't want portable cities.

Allowing nets to be more effective on a dinghy or a longboat might be acceptable, because they can't have cabins or holds. But this is really up to RD to decide what is best for game balance.
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 pm

So, I hope RD join our discussion here. I really want see fishers in games. Not only people, who fishing with rod, because they don't have anything better to do.

Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Salmon is caught only with a net as far as I know, and it is needed for a tajine. Being a deep sea fisher, with the ability to catch different things, say.. shrimp, mussels, salmon, tuna.. this would give something to the game, add recipes.

I have one who disparately want to be a sea fisher.. resin is so hard to find in some places.

The catch can be random, a mixture of what is at sea. you may get a net full of shrimp and 2 tuna, or you may get and even mixture of all. ((Except mussels, they really should only be collectible from shore from a harbor or something like that, since they do tend to grow on the piers.))

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 am

I can catch salmon in one of location where my char is, so you are wrong :twisted: Please, do something with nets.. It would be nice RP with small cost of work.

Yang

Postby Yang » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Portable city? Most machines cant be build on ships. We are talking about making ability to build nets to catch fish. Nothing more. Right now, with current food usage, its very easy to take food from land, and then process it on ship whole the time, and for your lifetime you dont need to get on land.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:43 pm

The first post implies a need for better machinery on large ships. That was why I was clear about it will not happen. More effective nets for small ships I see no problem with.
Yang

Postby Yang » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Better machnery to catch fish, when sailing. So when its no problem, thats great. Maybe one of my char will become fisherman 8)
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm

psychowico wrote:I can catch salmon in one of location where my char is, so you are wrong :twisted: Please, do something with nets.. It would be nice RP with small cost of work.

ah well pardon my stupidity

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Small fishing nets daily outcome is now 750 grams of salmon. (Thanks to former RD member ceselb for the number suggestion).

Hopefully in the near future, fishing will be possible while sailing.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Yay!

Run...Dragon...Run!!!

Return to “Likely Suggestions”