Cigars

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

David

Cigars

Postby David » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:45 pm

I heard someone in KF bring something up last night, I liked the idea. I think this has been brought up before, but this is a very simplified and probably not as difficult to code version... except the timing of the Cigar being done... or you could just have it lit into infinity until the char puts it out.

Cigars.

Make it simple and easy at first, just farm Tobacco and have make a cigar say... in .25 a day or something short. Basically all that you would need to do is add tabacco as a resource and put make cigar in the tool menu. All that would happen is a character could light a cigar and smoke it. It would eventually run out... The only thing the other characters would see is *character lights cigar* *characters cigar is spent* or something along those lines, the rest could be RPed.

Again, this would be more for RP than anything else.
1959 Apache

Postby 1959 Apache » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:35 pm

You would also then have to have something to light it with.

You see (a man in his twenties) stick his face in the smelting furnace to light a cigar.
If you drive an old Chevy, you're all right by me!
7orp0r

Postby 7orp0r » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:58 pm

That would be great, then some of my cooler characters would be complete bad-arses.
west

Postby west » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:28 pm

It should occasionally make you cough and lose a few health points. Only real badasses can cope with smoking--they gotta have enough healing foods or look like the pain doesn't matter to them.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:37 pm

Wow interesting I was thinking the samething as I read throu this thread. :twisted: Ya know and people would still use them just like IRL
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
David

Postby David » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:30 pm

As I said... just simplified for RPing purposes, you could just light it by clicking the use button and put it out and make it disappear by clicking the use button again... it could be fleshed out later if at all...
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:40 pm

maybe smoking a cigar could give you like.. higher priorities for the server to process your request, since isn't nicotine a stimulant of sorts?
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:39 am

May i point out that in order to have cigars we first need to convince the PD to add tobacco to the game.

PsPi
Here I am. BITE ME. or not, in fact, never mind, dont want some wacko taking me up on the offer. Only non wacko's may apply for bite allowance.. no garentee that you will be granted said allowance, but you can try.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:32 am

In the mean time my char will keep smoking modified hemp, which isn't really hemp as in the way they think of it, but shhh, don't tell them that.
David

Postby David » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:59 am

Shake this square world and blast off for Kicksville. :lol:
boomhaeur

Postby boomhaeur » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:32 am

The resources dept would need to add in "Interns" too if they go forward with this... gotta have somewhere to keep my cigar ;)
west

Postby west » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:06 am

See that back there, Boomhauer? That was the line. You just jumped it.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Indio no.9

Postby Indio no.9 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:43 pm

...YES and after the introduction of tobaco, you should make skunk plants on the foriegn islands and that would start a whole drug import business. Then we could maybe get major vilain characters, organised crime. It would introduce a whole new excitement to the game. And ofcourse you cant stop at weed, you need opium plants and all sorts of other stuff. who knows maybe if they introduce this well be seeing slavery come into the game. Slave raids all over the place and the business of importing and exporting slaves. and ofcourse for that you ill need some sort of chains or lock up device to stop your slavers getting away and maybe a slave whip to keep em working.

..ok i got carried away, sorry. :roll:
berserk9779

Postby berserk9779 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:12 pm

If drugs are implemented addiction must be too, so we woild get messages like: You haven't had your daily dose of eroine. you lose 10% strength because of the cramps given you by your cravings...

or something of the sort.
Indio no.9

Postby Indio no.9 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:36 pm

Yeh but thats not what happens, so you would be talking the realism out of Cantr. And weed isnt adictive and apart from wakeing up in strange places I have never noticed any other side effects.

Oh and ofcourse you would need pipes, bongs, needles all the gear.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”