Highlights / color coded text

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:18 am

Chris Johnson wrote:Sorry KeVes , it is not as straight forward as you are proposing.
I'm aware that this has been done for the Polish translation of events but the particular implementation is a move away from the current ProgD development philopsphy , where formating is controlled by style sheets and not by in-line code.

It is also much more difficult to maintain and make changes.

I know about style sheets waiting for implementation and that's good, but how much players can wait? Few weeks at least I suppose. So I proposed this as temp solution, and while we can search in translations it is ease to undo changes searching for <b> tag.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
WojD

Postby WojD » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:16 pm

Where is the problem? Simple and only css:

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
span { display: block; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.to_you { font-weight: bold; }
</style>

<span>1369-0: <a href="#">XXXXX</a> says: "There you go! A brand new shield. *smiles*"</span>
<span class="to_you">1369-0: <a href="#" class="to you">XXXXX</a> gives you a brand new wooden shield.</span>
<span>1368-7: You say: "Hello * smiles *"</span>

Result:

1369-0: XXXXX says: "There you go! A brand new shield. *smiles*"

1369-0: XXXXX gives you a brand new wooden shield.

1368-7: You say: "Hello * smiles *"
==============

Return to “Likely Suggestions”