Who are helping?

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Vindalf

Who are helping?

Postby Vindalf » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 am

I'd like to see who are helping out in a dragging project.

I've just helped another person drag a corpse into a mausoleum, and we had help from a third person. But I don't know who it was. Afterwards its impossible to see that. Was it that guy with the snyde remark? Or was it somebody else? I can't figure it out, and that's hampering my roleplaying.

So my suggestion is that it will be possible to see who are doing the dragging. Not immediatly on the Activity display, perhaps, but by clicking on e.g. "dragging" in the event notice (which then has to be clickable). And maybe this shouldn't be available to all, but at least to those participating in the dragging.

yours
/Vindalf
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:50 am

I like this idea.
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 am

For what purpose? You see who did when its done anywas...
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Vindalf

Postby Vindalf » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:56 am

Mykey wrote:You see who did when its done anywas...

Do I? How?

/Vindalf
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Oh no you don't. It is shown for living people but not for corpses. And I think not for objects either, so if there are things lying on the ground, you can drag them into buildings, then go back to your potato or wood gathering project, whistling innocently and pretending you were asleep through it all.
Not-so-sad panda
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 pm

SekoETC wrote:Oh no you don't. It is shown for living people but not for corpses. And I think not for objects either, so if there are things lying on the ground, you can drag them into buildings, then go back to your potato or wood gathering project, whistling innocently and pretending you were asleep through it all.

Oh really? Well please take the last chance at dishonesty away please. :roll:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Well, if it only shows who participated in the dragging of non-live objects, then you can still be sneaky about the dragging of objects... mind you, if you drab something into your own building/vehicle, it's pretty obvious who's stealing it.
Scratch and sniff text
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:01 pm

I think perhaps there should be the opportunity to drag oppenly (so that people see who does it) and drag anonymously (so people don't see who does it). This gives the opportunity for honest movement for a good reason as well as thievery and treachery.

If notes or objects are dragged anonymously people will still see an event but will know that someone, somewhere is trying to do it surreputitiously, thereby encouraging an investigation...
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:21 pm

I quite agree with this suggestion - no promise as to when we get to implementing it, though ;) ...

Return to “Likely Suggestions”