A new ice land, like Antarctica

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Seeker

A new ice land, like Antarctica

Postby Seeker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:37 am

We should make a new continent where it's mostly ice...some new rough area. Then we could insert all these weird and wonderful creatures like seals and penguins. And then we could make it difficult for people to live there, make it a place that people rarely want to go unless they really need a certain resource. We could introduce a cold meter that would go down if your not wearing warm enough clothes.

Yes I realise this would be hard to implement but I think we need it to be a bit more realistic with the map. I'd like to have a place that is hard to access and very few people wish to set up communities there. The only thing that drives people there would be rare resources. (we compromise safety for rare items and resources).
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:49 am

......................................................................................................
ok..... how about... we just let the new lands department think this over...

As for a cold bar..... PERFICT!!! I WANT TO KNOW IF I AM COLD!!!! I WAN'T TO HAVE TO BUILD A HOUSE!!!! I WANT TO HAVE TO WEARD UNDERWEAR IN CANTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, ime done yelling... but yea.... COLD BAR!!!!!
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Seeker

Postby Seeker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:55 am

lol...ok then. But another idea that Pie made me think of, you could build a house, which would lower the coldness, then you could build a fireplace. That would get rid of the cold completely. If someone sets up a community in the middle of some freezing land they could make a house like that for all the newspawns. It's as simple as giving food to newspawns so they don't die.
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:57 am

So... antartica is a totaly somthing that we cant deside.

As fore a cold bar..... ACEPT IT ALREDY!!! COMON!!!

Pick In Enter

Thetaris

Postby Thetaris » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:03 am

Please don't express your point with capitals like that. :D

It makes this entire topic look immature and people will glaze over it.

It's a brilliant idea, I love it. A harsh territory that affects your health, so it's really only a land for the noblest and experienced of characters, covered in gloves, shirts, wooly things, and brandishing a crowbar or something of the sort, they eagerly make their way through the freezing cold snow...

And the temperature issue is also a good idea, yet horrible again. It would unbalance the value of clothery; making it especially hard to become wealthy early for newspawns.
Evolution is unconformity.
Sho

Postby Sho » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:36 am

New Lands Department was disbanded, and I'm pretty sure it's been agreed that no new land is going to be created.
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:37 am

But currently, we have no weather, so the tempurature would just change through all of the tipes of lands. Ex: Swamps 100degreas. Deserts 100-02832109480932840932174093284109 degrees.

(Compleatly earational, but you get my idea.

Pick In Enter

Seeker

Postby Seeker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:45 am

So there aren't going to be any new lands at all?
WWFSMD?
BATBYGOBSTOPL!
Sho

Postby Sho » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:53 am

As far as I know, no. This is not to say that we've seen all there is and ever will be to the Cantr world; there is still a bunch of islands that haven't been colonized, some because they lack dockable locations.
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:19 am

That's rather silly... an island with no dockable locations... What are we waiting for? Helicopters?
Thetaris

Postby Thetaris » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:50 am

AoM wrote:That's rather silly... an island with no dockable locations... What are we waiting for? Helicopters?

That's pretty funny, and what's worse is, it's probably true. We'll have to wait for the advent of Helicopters.
Sho

Postby Sho » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:14 pm

No. We're waiting for the powers that be to decide those islands are ready to be opened up for settlement.
Thetaris

Postby Thetaris » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:19 pm

Oh, right. What's the issue with them being unable to be opened? I mean, thousands (well not thousands) of people are starving to death on their ships around these islands. It'll be interesting to come past these places one day and see them entirely blocked by a sea of red when you click 'Location', due to thousands of ships with dead people aboard.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:27 pm

I have moved this to the rejected suggestions forum

The Cantr world is fully populated in terms of different locations and land types. It is a "find out in game" issue as to whether there are Artic or Antartic regions
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:00 pm

But he suggested penguins! PENGUINS!!!!
All of my endings are waiting to begin.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”