You should allow people to invent in Cantr

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:59 am

Poor poor lumin, though hath no idea what i am talking about.

Nothing bad can slip through. The CHOICES(very important word.. that was) Will be regulated. Though canot have a jet, unless though hath a byplane to improve apon, and herith, also, is a problem. If though wishes to make thus jet, though would make itseth yeay only more powerfull than thist first byplane, and also...eth... thine buttons may not lett thine make herith byplane much more powerful than itself.

Basicly, you can't make things too powerfull, becous the buttons wont let you.

[quote="Pie"]As i said before, this could.. actually, be compleatly automated.(i said it in a different thread)

You have sertain choices... for.. lets say.. a sabre. You could...

ok... First you need to select wich object you want to change. Lets say you choos a sabr.. and then you have these options.

1: Increas attack / defence.(it would be attack in this example.) You could increas attack by adding more iron to it, or any other way that the buttons tell you that you can.[quote]

Also, wouldn't it be great if alcohol was implumented, and then some stupid nation try's to regulate it, and then you see people with modify'd cars that go around and deliver boos to everyone?

And thus, i resteth my pintetheicesales (P.S, pintetheicesales means point.)
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Thetaris

Postby Thetaris » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:16 am

Oh my god Pie, we're not going to turn Cantr into a hip real-life related game of what you said! Accordingly, if we do what you say, we should change Cantr to Da Pie Booze Deliverer Game!

No. No. NO! NOOOO! By the way, you actually have a spot in my quoting gap now!
Evolution is unconformity.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:41 am

Pie wrote:You have sertain choices... for.. lets say.. a sabre. You could...

ok... First you need to select wich object you want to change. Lets say you choos a sabr.. and then you have these options.

1: Increas attack / defence.(it would be attack in this example.) You could increas attack by adding more iron to it, or any other way that the buttons tell you that you can.

Making it a +1 sabre?

Ooh! Or you could add silver to make it a +1 sabre of Wolf Slaying!

Seriously Pie, when you like an idea, the best way of supporting it would probably be to bend your "unique" brand of debating skills to arguing against it.
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:11 pm

*Hits lumin with a giant rubber chiken*

YOU ARE A CoMPLEAT IDIOT!!! Actually, YOU JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I AM RIGHT!!!

And... i was not saying that we change cantr like that. I was just saying that.. well... it could happen.

TSL says: "Pie. you've been asked to keep your comments friendly. LAST warning."

Pick In Enter

Sho

Postby Sho » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:13 am

Right, time to lock this thread.
ornithopter

Postby ornithopter » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:23 am

Lumin wrote:Making it a +1 sabre?

No, making it a higher quality sabre.

You're being a jerk. Varying qualities of items based on the resources used is an interesting idea, and you're dismissing it out of hand without giving a logical argument. Pie's lack of good communication skills don't invalidate his ideas.

Besides, you're not even mocking Pie well. Look at what Pie's suggested as products of invention: explosives, guns, and planes. A +1 Sabre of Wolf Slaying is totally out of line with those.

So far you've argued against an idea no longer under consideration using arguments others gave previously and better, you've insulted everyone who liked the idea no one is talking about any more, and you've implied pretty ridiculously that varying quality based on resource usage would turn Cantr into a fantasy world.

Please try harder.
"I couldn't afford a bottle of wine," I said, "so I've drawn a picture of one on some cardboard."
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:49 pm

Pie - don't call other people idiots - this debate has got heated enough without you making it personal.

As for the debate - just realise that despite any possibly brilliant (or not so brilliant) suggesations on how this is to be implemented - it's not going to happen, not for a very long time, if ever - which makes the arguments for / against fairly pointless?

This topic should be left to die, but if people want to continue fruitlessly debating about it, so be it. If, however, it starts to get personal or out of hand, it will be locked
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:43 pm

sory about that, but i did say tha he was ACTUALLY somthing els.

So, i actually did disregard my stuff about making new things, but i havent disregarded about making them better.

You have a bunch of buttons, and they say how you would make somthing that is alredy implumented better, you push the button, it sais what you do to make it better, but you can only make somthing so much better, becous Jos said that if it was better than 50% attack, than things would get too unbalenced, so you cant get it hire attack than that.

and, you cant make a better gun, or plane, or machine gun without having a basic one first, and jos said you cant get too good, so, you cant get to good. Becous Jos said so.

Pick In Enter

Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:11 pm

BUMP.

I know the original ideas of this post are cindof... stupid.. but MY IDEA IS PLAUSIBLE, AND POSIBLE!!!

Pick In Enter

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:22 pm

I have moved this topic to rejected suggestions.

There have been good points raised in the discussion , but it is unlikely that a system of invention will be added to Cantr in the near or medium future. Other issues such as the concept of item quality , discussed in other topics are more likely to be added .

With the final point of improving on basic weapons , there is already a way to build something better than a sabre, its called a long sword or a crossbow . Until such time as weapons are differentiated in more ways than they currently are, this will have to suffice .
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:39 pm

God.... I HAD A GOOD IDEA TOO!!! IT WOULD HAVE WORKED!!!

It would have created DIFFERENCES IN COMMUNNAL WEPONREY!!!

I COULD HAVE HAD A MODIFY'D SBER, BUT NOOOOOO. Darn it.

Pick In Enter

Ahoyhoy

Postby Ahoyhoy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:22 am

NOOO MY IDEAS MY PRECIOUS IDEAS :cry:

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”