Bypassing

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Good Idea?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 12
Cookie

Bypassing

Postby Cookie » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Sometimes your makeing a journey, between maybe two locations and while your ofline you stop at the midle destination, not wanting to, and have to cary on your journey next time your on. Would it not be beter if characters could opt to bypass a location and head straigt on to the next?

Also, sometimes you just dont want to have to see some of your old freinds because you can't be bothered with all the catching up and everything, or you might be a theif and a town wants to kill you.

...and yeh, I know your going to say about Roadmap but for now.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:49 pm

I don't know about this...at first it sounds like a good idea, but I think it would be mostly used by thieves. And though I've had a couple of chars caught because I let them fall asleep long enough for their pursuers to catch up, I think that kind of risk just goes with the territory, and there's no need to program it out. I'm generally against adding more automation to Cantr anyway.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:59 pm

I think Jos' roadmap plans would eliminate this issue altogether, where walking would be directional and towns wouldn't be fixed.
T.L.H.E.

Postby T.L.H.E. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:41 am

I am totally and utterly against this. If you do it that way, you'll never be able to catch up to people on the roads if they're walking faster than you and have a few hours head start.
Agar

Postby Agar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:03 am

To catch them, you'd have to be a professional thief chaser, have places to store your excess food and gear in the town you're operationg from, travel light and quick and antagonise them into tireing themselves.

Even then, there's a limit to how slow they can be.

Besides, who'd want to be a professional thief chaser?

This idea is good in that it makes overland travel a little more convienent, but is absolutly not nessecary and will one day (assumedly) be obsolete.
Reality was never my strong point.
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:00 am

REJECTED. Cantr is meant to be a slow paced game for the player, not for an automated system.

In case unaware, all suggestions of "automation" are very brutially murdered. Even I want some form of QUEUE system for projects, but it'll never happen.

Automation = Bad in Cantr.

It might happen, but not anytime soon from my point of view.
-- Anthony Roberts

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”