Conversation with more than one person

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Oasis

Conversation with more than one person

Postby Oasis » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:17 pm

I don't know if this has ever been discussed, but one thing I find I want to do but can't is say something to more than one person at a time, like a small huddle. Instead, I have to cut and paste the same thing to several people sometimes (this saves time). What does everyone think, would this be possible?
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:03 am

I think it'd be possible to do that, like gathering people into a group and speaking quietly...Until then you'll just have to c/p it or get a room...meh.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Cosmo Harrigan
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Cosmo Harrigan » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:04 am

What about using a meeting room?
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:50 am

OniKaze wrote:I think it'd be possible to do that, like gathering people into a group and speaking quietly...Until then you'll just have to c/p it or get a room...meh.

Exactly what I said, wasn't it?

::feels all invisible and ignored::
::is still happy because he quoted himself::

Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:36 am

I fully agree with Cosmo ... this is what buildings are for! :) ... I had never in mind when I designed the game, that everybody would start living in the middle of town square :) ... I thought about people, living or working in buildings, visiting each other to make their dealings :) ...
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:41 pm

hey, what can I say? We're a society of street bums :lol: Although the ground DOES get a bit uncomfortable sometimes...

Meh

Postby Meh » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:56 pm

I don't think I would have seen that coming either but

With no bad wheather , no need to sleep you tend to sit outside and work on things even when they're not the local resources. If you go into a building to work on something most people just think your working on weapons of mass destruction. Also if you go into a unlocked building no one can see you get hit and do the capitain justice thing. And if your soical you want to be where everyone is at so you don't miss anything considering we all log in at different times and days.

Not a critque just an observation.

Should there be a limit on the number of people outside?
100?
If there's 100 then you have to "push" your way outside. Which randomly pushes an idle person on a path or unlocked building?
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:02 pm

Yeah, there is no real motivation to build a house...on many locations it is also illegal to build a house without a permit.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:40 pm

My suggestion doens't revolve around needing a formal meeting with others, and you gather everyone into one room. That takes time. I'm talking about when you have info., or something you need to say in a hurry to more than one person. It would be nice to be able to speak to a group, or cc others what you are saying, or a button that asks you which people you want to be able to hear you. If you are only talking to one, then you don't press it.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:22 am

on many locations it is also illegal to build a house without a permit.

Yeah, pirog, i know what u mean. On"som" locations your not even allowed to FARM without a permit... Or anything else for that matter.

If we could finally tailor clothing, those people would wear black uniforms...
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:01 pm

Hey, how did this so suddenly end up in the trash heap? :cry:

I still sooooooooo want this. *sighs*
Floyd

Postby Floyd » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:04 pm

Yeah i quite like this idea aswell, Shame it was scrapped :cry:
Schme wrote:We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later, and most likely sooner. When you have such a lifestyle, everyone, including yourself, knows that you are likely to die.
Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:38 pm

Hahaha... when the programming department puts your topic in the Rejected Suggestions forum it's kind of taken as the ultimate "you suck".
Stan

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:50 pm

No. I think the ultimate "you suck" is when you're banned from the game for cheating.
Stan wrote:I've never said anything worth quoting.
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:22 am

I think the reason why this has been rejected is that there is an alternative to this suggestion, which is having a building to privately talk to your group.
Yeah, there is no real motivation to build a house...
I'm sure that the fact that you can't privately talk to your group without copying and pasting can eventually motivate you to make or find one for your needs. :D
I'm talking about when you have info., or something you need to say in a hurry to more than one person. It would be nice to be able to speak to a group, or cc others what you are saying, or a button that asks you which people you want to be able to hear you. If you are only talking to one, then you don't press it.
Wouldn't it be more convient to, in times of raids and emergencys, have that information told to everyone at one place? If there were outlaws causing it, I bet they wouldn't care.
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”