Close the suggestions forum

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

psychowico

Close the suggestions forum

Postby psychowico » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 am

Implementation of existing and accepted suggestions will take years I guess. Maybe we should rest a little here, people?
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
curious

Re: Close the suggestions forum

Postby curious » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:02 am

Sure... I dislike this board now anyway, but what about those little tweaks that can be implemented very quickly?
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 am

I don't think we should close it. I do however think that we should start removing access to the suggestion forums for people who can't behave, go off-topic, slander etc, more than we are doing now.
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 am

Sometimes curious, just like me.
I don't think it should be closed... Maybe monitored? A maximum of 2 new ideasper week?
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks to this board we have had some wonderful changes in the game that made life so much easier.
I am not ready to give it up despite all the issues, which I am hoping that can be addressed.
As for monitoring... -Whose- two ideas per week, or is that 2 ideas per week, per person?
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am

I was thinking in total, no mtter who.
On second thought. It might be better to have 1 suggestion per person per... 2 weeks or something?
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 am

That's what I thought, just wanted it clarified... But how would that work? First come first served? Do we just watch the suggestion forum every Monday at 00.01 (whose time zone?), and try to get in there first? Or do we submit suggestions and powers that be choose which ones should go through? That does not make much sense.
Maybe per person per (1/2) week(s) is a better way to go, if such monitoring should prove to be the best way to address the issues.
curious

Postby curious » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am

I'm assuming that people will be free to discuss 'any' suggestions here, regardless of who posted, and people will simply get people who don't currently post to do so on their behalf.
I think these boards generally need to be more stringently moderated, rather than closed.

I also like the fact that small changes can happen from these pages, and would there fore suggest another route for the 'big' and 'complex' ideas... perhaps to be discussed elsewhere, with peopl who actually have a valid take on just how and what is possible in terms of game mechanics, and if they make it through that, then they can be offered to a for/against here.
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am

Yeah all those problem were dooming here as well, so that's why the 'on second thought'.
I say 1 idea per 2 weeks at the most.
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 am

I know, Henkie, but my explanation was for everyone's benefit. :)
I am not sure about the pre-suggestion boards discussion. It is just as easy for those people with a valid input to say whether something is possible to implement from the word go, and move it to rejected due to practicality issues, or let us know that it can be done if accepted and let the discussion continue.
For me, the quality of the suggestions is not the issue, it is the quality of the discussions (No, I am not aiming this at anyone). The suggestions we can argue for/against, but some of the stuff I read around here... It doesn't help, at all.
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 am

We have 3 sites of accepted suggestion threads. We simple don't need more now. So maybe, disscuss if you need here, but let stop moving things to accepted. In real I now not have idea how interesting things can be hiding in accepted suggestion - it's totaly too many. It will be best if some people here stop speak and join us to put all this things to live.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

curious

Postby curious » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am

EchoMan wrote:I don't think we should close it. I do however think that we should start removing access to the suggestion forums for people who can't behave, go off-topic, slander etc, more than we are doing now.

To be honest, and as ironic as this might sound... I would go for this rather than the suggestions board be closed, as:
1. I disagree that just because the accepted will take a long tim to now implement that new ones should be excluded from the process.
2. I am personally sick and tired of seeing a defence of myself turn into a fight because of selective reading of my posts, and I would welcome a change to this, as long as I could still read the content.
Last edited by EchoMan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed namedropping. Sheesh! >.<
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 am

1. I disagree that just because the accepted will take a long tim to now implement that new ones should be excluded from the process.

I proposing closing it for some time, not for eternity. This won't excluded people from process - this just give our chance to getting things done and maybe sacrifice less time for forum and more for work.

Theda
Administrator Emeritus/PD/Personnel Officer

Postby Theda » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 am

I understand your point of view, psychowico, but I disagree.

People can continue to propose ideas and discussing them, being aware that they will not be made for a period of time. Closing the thread I think that we could lose excellent ideas.

If at this point there is much work and the people of RD and programming is saturated, we can stop the deployment and when we have a good moment again, start with the oldest or the suggestions that are related.

EchoMan wrote:I don't think we should close it. I do however think that we should start removing access to the suggestion forums for people who can't behave, go off-topic, slander etc, more than we are doing now.

I'm absolutely agree with you.
"Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides."
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 am

Ok. Anyway I avoiding reading this forum from some time and I will continue this. I believe that this reflected bad at my work quality and motivation. I moving it to rejected.

<snip>
Last edited by EchoMan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing off topic content and replies to off topic content from a couple of posts.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”