Near-death and Healing.

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Cogliostro

Near-death and Healing.

Postby Cogliostro » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:28 pm

How near-death state and healing could work hand in hand in an easily implemented scheme:

NO MORE INSTA-DEATHS.
After accumulating 100% damage or more, you don't instantly die. But, you drop everything you had, and can't move by yourself. (Can still be dragged, and you can still talk).

NO MORE INSTA-HEALING.
You must wait for 3 days after being hurt before healing food will work. "Sorry, your wounds are too fresh. You can attempt healing in 1 day 2 hours 22 minutes."

The almost-dead characters are helpless, vulnerable to being hit again, but their friends can help them by moving them to safety and handing healing food to that character. Almost-dead characters will die for good after say 5 days of no help from anyone. Naturally, the almost-dead person needs 3 days of safety to be able to heal themselves with the medicine they hopefully have been given by friends.

If there was someone to help, and they got you medicine, you can apply that medicine after 3 days.

Almost-dead chars can only hold medicine, no other items or resources (necessary to prevent give-him-15kilos-of-dung-so-they-cant-heal-him kind of abuse). If applying the medicine takes you lower than 100% damage, you are back to normal.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Near-death and Healing.

Postby Greek » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 pm

(about near-death state) Wow! Wonderful and original idea. Ok, not really, because it was already proposed and accepted, but it looks like it's also not stated in accepted suggestions so it might be misleading.
But still good idea :P
There's a development topic for near-death state and it will be implemented eventually.

(about no instant healing)
Well, it would make hit-and-run tactic even more profitable, because attackers would be more vulnerable to attacks from inside a building.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 pm

yes, obvious double suggestion. And locked now.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 pm

First part is duplicate, but second one isn't and can be discussed. I don't see a reason to lock it.

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong. Yes, it's double duplicate.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Greek wrote:First art is duplicate, but second one isn't and can be discussed. I don't see a reason to lock it.

viewtopic.php?p=482116#p482116
NUMBER ONE: Heal foods can only be taken 3 full days after the last time a character lost health points (was wounded).
If you are hit but they miss, or you shielded yourself, that doesn't count. But if you lose even 1% of health as a result, that means no heal food for you until 3 days pass. Example: "Your wounds are too fresh... You can attempt healing in another 9 hours 45 minutes."
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Moving to rejected for duplicate.
Please take some time in searching previous suggestions before creating threads.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”