Cantrian-Animal Hybrids

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Reactions?

+1
14%
86%

Total votes: 28
Auryn

Cantrian-Animal Hybrids

Postby Auryn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:45 am

My idea is to change up the spawning system so that occasionally (I'm thinking 1 in 50+ spawns), a character's data takes into account one of the animals in the area, creating a Cantrian-animal hybrid using the gender identification.

You notice a badger-man in his twenties whom you haven't seen before.

The description can be just as simple as that, leaving the rp'er to interpret what that actually means.

Now for an explanation. Originally, I meant this as a joke. A new entry to the humorous "rejected suggestions" section. As I fleshed it out, it seemed more and more plausible. If it does get rejected, I hope I at least make someone laugh.

Cantrians reproduce by random genetic material being collected out of thin air from two individuals, regardless of gender or whether or not copulation occurs. With this suggestion, sometimes a mutation occurs by this process being influenced by the animals of a certain area, in my example, a badger.

What I like about this idea is that interpretation is up to the rp'er, leaving a whole range for roleplay. The badger-man could just be very hairy and have pointy teeth, or he could look like a giant badger, it's up to the person playing.
Wolfsong

Re: Cantrian-Animal Hybrids

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:48 am

I don't personally think we should encourage yiffing.
Auryn

Postby Auryn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:07 am

How does it encourage yiffing?
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:42 am

Half-animal half-people furries? Cat-eared, many-nippled women with bushy fox tails who rub against people and purr? Feline men with barbed, rubbery unmentionables? I've seen those IG without there actually be a coded mechanic in place. It was jarring and those characters were (typically) ignored or loathed. Or, you know, killed outright.

Also, it removes from the player the ability to create and play their own character as they envision them - you're forcing them into a role they may not want to play. Furthermore, you're stepping over that invisible boundary in Cantr between fantasy and "simulation" near-reality. It'll encourage character suicides and drive the playerbase down - or, alternatively, increase the playerbase, but not in a generally positive way.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:56 pm

It could be that players only could only have this happen if they choose an option allowing it to. However, I don't think this goes with Cantr well.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:03 am

It's definitely not Cantr. We don't have necromancers or orcs either. Whenever Cantr's mechanics differ from the real world, it's usually not done just for the sake of being different from the real world. The departure is the result of some other concern, like gameplay or programming constraints.

However, I bet that Furry Cantr would be more popular than Cantr II. :D
curious

Postby curious » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 am

No thanks.
Apart from anything else. I imagine there would be a lot of game mechanics requiring adaptation to cater for hybrids such as your 'giant badger version' badger-man... attacking with a bare fist? clothes... and so on..?

I've seem some good rp involving people believing they were animals... but the thing I like about this is the fact that they are people, albeit with a mind-set.
Sometimes, I get confused here, as many would seem to seek to impart 'realism' on the Cantrian environment, and I would consider a person with an altered mind-state as far more real.

That, and knowing my luck... I would turn out 80% tortoise..! :mrgreen: and have to make a really enormous pair of moccasins.
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I would like this sugestions, If we could build thundertanks too! :mrgreen:

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”