Windows (duplicate)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Yaddy1

Windows (duplicate)

Postby Yaddy1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 am

I am honestly surprised this hasn't been suggested before. Anyway I think we need windows. It is absurd that characters inside can have no idea of what's going on outside. I mean I've come outside before to find half the town gone without me noticing! I actually thought that the whole CCTV thing was a good idea just because it seems needed as a game mechanic. However this seems to fit more with Cantr's technology (not that that's all that well defined...)

My idea is simple. Players can construct windows inside for...say 4000g of window glass (don't ask me I'm not in the resources department...). Then while they're inside they see events that happen outside. Keep in mind they can't hear anything so they probably won't get spammed or anything.

It would also be cool if people outside could peek in through the windows and see what was going on inside. The person inside would get a message like. "you see a man in his twenties press his face up against the window." For the peeping newspawn this would be an infinite project like resting.

It would be neat if there was a chance, much like there is with whispering currently (higher though) that someone random outside will see something that happens inside.

Lastly (and the most far-fetched of all) it should be possible to construct blinds. They could be raised or lowered to effectively to turn the window on or off. I think that all of this is needed because currently town leaders are effectively trapped outside. Without a way to see what happens outside an official always needs to be outside to receive traders, prevent crime and make decisions.
Comy

Re: Windows

Postby Comy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 am

There's a topic in Accepted about windows here:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2080
Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
Yaddy1

Re: Windows

Postby Yaddy1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:15 am

Oops...don't know how I didn't find that one. Anyway I guess this topic should be deleted or moved to rejected as a duplicate...

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”