Combat - the Simple and Sweet version.

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

theguy

Re: Combat - the Simple and Sweet version.

Postby theguy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Yeah they take applicants anyone who wants to help is welcome to apply
Blog: http://undercontrol93.blogspot.com/

returner wrote: so I could probably make a Cantr III in my spare time :P

Well where is it?
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Well, I think our suggestions division is working pretty fine already. I usually read every new suggestion and make some kind of comment about its feasability or compatibility with current policies. I rarely move suggestions to rejected or accepted though, since that pretty much kills a discussion and its quite difficult to unreject/-accept a suggestion again.
Pretty in pink.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Thought the point of rejecting a suggestion WAS to kill it. :lol:
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Well, yes, that's why I usually don't do it.

If a suggestion is not good, we can discuss why that is the case and perhaps improve it to a point where it becomes a good suggestion. Putting a suggestion in the rejected bin right away discourages any effort to do that. And if the suggestion can't be improved the discussion dies naturally anyway.
Pretty in pink.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 am

There are suggestions that have been discussed - and even Jos say it should be implemented - that still resides here rather than in Accepted Suggestions though.
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Cogliostro wrote:1. Hitting anyone causes the attacking character to not be able to move for 8 cantr hours. During this time they are vulnerable to dragging, return fire, etc. (*)

(*) if an attacking character is in a vehicle/ship, I think the entire vehicle should lose the ability to move for 8 hours, though other (presently non-attacking) characters inside the same vehicle can move to exit it or enter again.

I am against it in this form. If you would say 1-2 cantr hours then maybe I could support it.

Cogliostro wrote:This heavily disadvantages various vigilantes and evil character styles. So:

2. Add a chance of "critical hit" - when the normal damage output of a character is scaled way up, permitting a single hit with a powerful weapon to sometimes kill the defender in one hit. The chances are dependent on the relationship of skill and strength between the attacker and defender character. The more skilled and strong the attack, and the weaker the defender, the higher the chance that the victim will suffer a "critical" and possibly die, or be very damaged.

Again I not support critical hits, at least until there would be guns in game, which should be very hard to make, require new resources as gunpowder, ammo to shot again, and reloading time (1-2 cantr hours). Still chance to make critical hit should be relative low, about max 10-20% of more damage and about 10-15% chance to happen. Skill weight of guns should be higher than crosbows if implemented. Also guns should not be much more better in normal combat than crossbows.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Moving to rejected. Critical hits are counter to Cantr's slow-paced format, and making a character stuck in place for an entire day is lame (In my subjective opinion, but it doesn't matter anyway since the author insists points 1&2 are linked).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”