Spanish Spawn Points

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:37 pm

http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?p=390933#390933

Theda wrote:Joshuamonkey, there are several points I want to clarify with you.

I think it's ok that you agree in how bad everything was done by the staff, then ... Isn't more than justified my criticism? YES

On the other hand, I've asked several questions that haven't been answered, either through ignorance or by defending the indefensible or because you have no idea of it (can also be lack of understanding, I appreciate again your effort in trying to understand my language).

First: You say that staff assumed that this would be an advantage for Hispanics. Why? What was the advantage? I don't see it anywhere, whether they had consulted me before or now that we have been imposed by spawning where you like. Please, I beg you to tell me what advantage was so good that nobody notices it.

Second: Is wrong not to ask our opinion before imposing a measure that only affects us. Why wasn't it done? Why not immediately reverse it since it is a mistake already recognized by you, Doug, etc ...? Hasn't the GAB seen that we all agree how UNFAIR and WRONG this is? We all agree, staff and Hispanic players ... then ... shouldn't this terrible mistake be immediately corrected so we don't continue with this topic?

Third: Hispanic group is chosen because the spawning in English islands is massive. From this the English complain. I complain now how wrong you have done everything, my fellow Hispanics complain to me, the staff also agrees, like you and like Doug ... Hello? Is that the English are immediately helped because they are beautiful children, because the staff are English, why exactly are we treated differently? If I complain of mass spawning of Germans in Hispanic islands, will they suffer an unfair limitation and without asking them? NO, you only think you're entitled to do it to Hispanics... I ask again, why? Is it fear of our intelligence? (I prefer to think that's the reason rather than you take us for clueless stupids)

Fourth:What's the difference of not being everyone's advantage? If for us, with the number we are, it's supposed to be an advantage, why not apply these alleged advantage to the English? They have a number of players and characters, if for us is a limitation of 7 spawnsites and this is advantageous .... for the English this would also be advantageous! :D about... 10? Confine yourselves and be mindful of not consult you. Just do it and see how you feel, try how good it is and then you apply it tp the rest of the players of the other languages :D :D :D and if there is an objection, you spend a year talking while enjoying such a great advantage. (In case you do not realize it, this is ironic)

Fifht: We need a Liaison Officer you say. Compay and Angie belong to staff ... if I were them I would feel ignored.

Sixth: I invite you to get a Hispanic account (only for testing) and see what you think you get 6 characters in the same Hispanic site. You tell us later your great stories of how you spent 30 years to get a little amount of food cooked by you or a kilo of wood or perhaps ... a cart to carry a load of 5 kilos of limestone you spent 20 years collecting and how during this time 4 of your characters got killed because they had no place to work or collect (it would be cheating since in a city like Blajlokin there are 7 places to work and 6 can not be used by the same player, right? or 9 like in Puerto Capitanes... can I gather resources or food with 6 of my characters? And the 6 characters spawned in the same site of other player? oooh ... bad luck .. . none of them can get food or resources ..) :D

As a personal request, I beg that if you translate what I write or say in this forum, to do it completely and not extracting loose sentences. You have translated my letter, now if you want to argue something, translate my entire posts, or give them an explanation of all points and not only those you want. Thanks, I know you will respect this and that the intention you had was good. They only need to be refered to our forum, if perhaps we might see more interest, we would be happier. Aside that the language is no excuse, if someone wants a translation simply ask. We all will be delighted to be listened, I'm sure.
Theda
Administrator Emeritus/PD/Personnel Officer

Postby Theda » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks Alf : )
pipok

Postby pipok » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Doug R. wrote:The German group (as well as the french, esperanto, and finnish groups) are far too small to limit
[...]
English and Polish groups are far too big to limit.
Bad luck for Spanish characters?
But seriously - I find this policy strange. Moreover, I think that fixed spawn points are always worse than a rule: where are, say, 10 characters of the language, there can be a newspan. Fixed spawn points are CHAINS. They arbitrarily and artificially restrict the ability of a community to move and seach another, better or more interesting places to move to and live.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:51 pm

For some reason I stopped getting emails from this thread. I wish I had seen that translation, although all it does to my response is take out one small sentence. :P
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:37 pm

I rule one of the spawnpoints and we are being overwhelmed by the amount of new characters. Talking to every one and giving them meaningful jobs fast enough is quite difficult.
♫ bling! ♫
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:48 pm

I don't see why I couldn't add you more spawning locations as long as some people are living there permanently so you could throw some names. Montesbrumos was mentioned, would that be a good spawn location?
Not-so-sad panda
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 pm

That would be the absolute best spawn point possible, but I'm biased. :P

We give the newbies full leather suits and steel weapons, though. Hard to beat that.
♫ bling! ♫
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:09 pm

I added it. I have a foreigner in one of the other spawn locations and it did seem like people were spawning too frequently. I'm not sure if one more location will make much of a difference but maybe it will balance the load a little bit.
Not-so-sad panda
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Rifrokin has a long history in the island and it's very important for the nearby coastal towns. It would be hard to send new people there because it is a bit isolated by land.

Snavirn was during a period the most important city in the island and a crossroad for all the commerce.

Caladero used to be very active, shipping lots of wood and rubber to the mainland.

I haven't visited them in a while and it surprises me that none of them had 5 active people.
♫ bling! ♫
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Could we perhaps just turn off the fixed spawnpoints for now? Most of the Spanish seem still to be against the measure, so it would really help to cool the atmosphere, if the status quo was restored quickly.
Pretty in pink.
Methos

Postby Methos » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:25 am

A mi se me ocurre una idea que puede aplacar a las dos partes: Para que nazcan nuevos personajes, tiene que haber mas personajes activos de tu lengua en el lugar de origen que de las demas lenguas. De esa forma se podran seguir formando nuevas ciudades y colonias españolas a lo largo del mundo, los nuevos entraran en un sitio en que la mayoría habla su idioma, y se parará en cierta medida la invasión cultural de las islas inglesas

Además, tambien es un cambio lógico (mucho más que el desove). Asi, podemos decir que lo nuevos nacimientos en ciudades con muchas culturas son de la cultura dominante gracias a la "asimilación cultural"

Pero sigo pensando que lo mejor es anular el método del desove, luego buscar una solución mejor, y, por último, aplicarla a todos los paises con suficientes habitantes. Los que tienen muy pocos hablantes, es mejor dejarles con los puntos de desove, al menos eso creo yo.

---Bad traduction (google)---

I have an idea that may be good for everyone: To be born new characters, there must be more active characters of your language in the place of origin of other languages. Thus it may continue to form new cities and Spanish colonies throughout the world, new enter a place where most speak their language, and stop to some extent the cultural invasion of the British islands

Furthermore, also a logical change (much more than the spwnpoints). Thus we can say that new births in cities with many cultures of the dominant culture are due to "cultural assimilation"

But I still think it best to cancel the spawning method, then find a better solution, and finally, apply to all countries with enough people. Those who have very few speakers, it is better to let the spawn points, at least I think so.
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 pm

So...most of the characters in the town would have to be of the same language type for you to spawn there. That sounds like a good idea to me.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:So...most of the characters in the town would have to be of the same language type for you to spawn there. That sounds like a good idea to me.

For me too.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 am

I suggested that earlier in a topic called Stop Minority Spawning.
Not-so-sad panda
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:17 pm

I suggested that earlier in a topic called Stop Minority Spawning.

I never saw it. :shock:

My guess is people weren't as concerned about it then.
Joshuamonkey's Blog

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”