5 Town Rule

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Jaxon

5 Town Rule

Postby Jaxon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 pm

I think we should come up with a rule where people need to keep their characters 5 towns apart. This would prevent people from using other characters as spies for their "main" characters, or from using other characters to mess with characters of another player that they don't like.

Also, the rule should consist of a 100 day rule where a player should not bring a character to within 5 towns of where another character died.

Naturally this rule would not be strictly enforced as people may need to pass through a town to get to another town, but this rule should make it easier for cantr staff to spot CRBers and for a player to know they are CRBing.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

It might be difficult to enforce as the civilized world is pretty small and people can have up to 15 characters. Also you can't choose were to spawn. If people were given the chance to have a character repositioned or deleted if they spawn in a town they'd have trouble living in due to OOC reasons, that would be good. Although in an ideal situation encoding would take care of that, but for example if your character died away from home, the database wouldn't know where their actual home was. So rather than having another rule, people should just watch themselves and inform PD if they find some situation problematic. There's no need to limit all players just because some are unable to keep their own feelings separate from their characters' feelings. PD sets separate limits on people who have been caught cheating.
Not-so-sad panda
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry, but that would be hardly possible in the smaller language groups. And even in the English zone you would have a problem playing 15 characters, if you were to keep them 5 towns apart.
Pretty in pink.
FiziKx

Postby FiziKx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Do many people actually break the CR?
http://arcanot.myminicity.com/
http://fizikx.mybrute.com

Genevieve

Postby Genevieve » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 pm

FiziKx wrote:Do many people actually break the CR?

:lol: :lol:

Anyway, I think this rule would be way too difficult to enforce and hard for people to actually implement themselves - after all, with dynamic naming, you could have two people in towns right next to each other without any idea they are until one travels - because their town renamed itself but the maps aren't correct. I recently had a charrie whose town leader wasn't sure if we were a or b on the map (not the real designations of course). OOC I thought it was really funny because I remember the days when everything was already named and you didn't have to worry about that stuff :-)
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:36 pm

What!? No way. That'd be impossible without screwing up lots of RP.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah, it'd be hard enough on the smallest language groups..but keep in mind...

How many of us have had charri's on K? And come on, when three or four unluckily spawn there...well, if you know that island, you know what I'm talking about. It's impossible.

PS: Not everyone is a CRBing fool. Fyi. :D
(see: this is a little intense)
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:43 am

Moved to rejected for being impractical.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”