CCTV/ Video & audio feeds.

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Dudel wrote:
Snake_byte wrote:I don't really like this idea as it would clog up a lot of places with text indoors now. Not only that but unless there is a microphone, it can only transmit actions that can be seen minus player emotes. Can it really be programmed to pick that out of the events text?

I think the assumption is that microphones would be "built in" in some manner.

ALSO: I still think it should just be some type of "add on" for the radio or s

See "or something". I'd RATHER NOT see another irritating device that I wish I could /ignore. The radio keeps my characters OUT of buildings. :lol:

Well, adding all text in that case would probably make it worse... because one person in a building wants to see outside, all are forced to? It's closely resembling being in a vehicle outside but no two way interaction... Then everyone is going to want loud speakers outside with a microphone inside...
As for the radio, just change the channel when no one is looking :D
Maybe we should have a way to look out windows instead? If windows on buildings were implemented... One person could go "look" at this window which would display the last 2 lines and all other after as long as you are "looking". Still no two way interaction. Could maybe even see people looking out the window from outside as an action, like when someone adds stuff to a project or someone sneezes. But, I'm pretty sure windows have been suggested and rejected.

Or we can just go outside...

Only my opinion...
My old banner ;)
Drael

Re: CCTV/ Video & audio feeds.

Postby Drael » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:08 am

Bump
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:02 am

Drael wrote:Bump

Quit mindless bumping.

Add to the suggestion at hand or let it die. Simply bumping adds nothing and leads quicker to the suggestion being disregarded or rejected.
Drael

Postby Drael » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 am

Thank you self-appointed forum god! I figured it would add the chance for new people to contribute. Otherwise it gets lost in the pile. Right? Its not like people use search.
returner

Postby returner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 am

This is waaaaay out of Cantr's league.. I know I'm going against the grain here, but what's next? Space ships and fighter jets?

Already, radios are insufficiently complex.. any deadbeat can make one. I can't make a bike in real life, let alone a car and radio. Now CCTV?

Why not look at this in Cantr, medi-eval-esque terms..

A one-way window?
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Drael wrote:Thank you self-appointed forum god! I figured it would add the chance for new people to contribute. Otherwise it gets lost in the pile. Right? Its not like people use search.

You are welcome and letting it "get lost in the pile" is somewhat the point. If something is a good enough suggestion to move beyond this forum, it will.

But to stay on topic:

While this "sounds cool" it is simply beyond Cantr mechanics as it is to work. Not to mention it does ruin some of the "games spirit" and would quickly become more of an annoyance than anything unless running under a dictatorial rule. If that the case would then only help that ONE character and still otherwise be very annoying.
returner

Postby returner » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 am

Dudel wrote:While this "sounds cool" it is simply beyond Cantr mechanics as it is to work. Not to mention it does ruin some of the "games spirit" and would quickly become more of an annoyance than anything unless running under a dictatorial rule. If that the case would then only help that ONE character and still otherwise be very annoying.

This is absolutely correct.

Most people in this thread are just saying 'yeah it's a cool idea' because, well, it is.. for YOU. It isn't practical as a whole. As dudel said, it ruins some of the game spirit.

We don't even have bloody TV's yet! What's next, a highly supported suggestion for computers and plasma screen tv's and remote controls to open garages when they're implemented!?!?!?!?

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 am

I'm going to go ahead and reject this.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
returner

Postby returner » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 am

[quote="Doug R."]I'm going to go ahead and reject this.[/quote]

Haha. Thank christ we have sensible people in staff.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”