DROP THE 4-DAY-RULE

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

sirlaser

DROP THE 4-DAY-RULE

Postby sirlaser » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:48 am

just drop it..........it is dumb
I am
Archi
Tonre Ottewn
Sumaya Planatir
Terren Gorgof
Grinsh Gonbol
Terren Insinocco
Jacque Opponopotoniclalaseen
Yanma Grengo
Wansay Dumoococalot
Hadert Homer
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:18 am

lol, no it's not...it's there so that people won't be telling each other OOC, things that could change their character's actions...really we shouldn't even talk about stuff like that even after 4 days if it's still important...
west

Postby west » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:39 am

yeah it's a good rule, actually.

At least for forum-based purposes...
things people read on the forum do tend to creep into their chars' lives
unless they're really good RPers

it's better not to tempt fate.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:28 pm

There have been situations where even I have been tempted to tweak my chars' actions...like yelling at my late char Emstei.. "NO DON'T GO TO LAD!!!!" >_<

And if I can be tempted to use ooc info, than imagine what newbs like laserboy can do. Especially if he heard about Knatr's 'secret resource' :wink:
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Ash

Postby Ash » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:34 pm

The only reson why you think it is dumb, is because you don't understand it..
west

Postby west » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:20 pm

I can think of other reasons, but we won't go into that.

Chris, can I use my old 'teh rox0rs' avatar?

please?
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:13 am

well.. it IS true that Kaya r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz, so SURE WHY NOT ^___________________________^
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:59 pm

new.vogue.nightmare wrote:And if I can be tempted to use ooc info, than imagine what newbs like laserboy can do. Especially if he heard about Knatr's 'secret resource' :wink:

Huh!? My character was just in Knatr no more than 5 days ago, and Knatr North; he went because it was outside the Lad Empire, that he has had a tuff past with, never heard of any secret resource on the forums either.
Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:10 pm

i think this topic is about talked out dont you?

yes, the 4 day rule stays because some idiots need rules or they do stupid things like CRB's and then where would we be????

the political world of the game would be destroyed, no-one could successfully attack a town by surprise and charactures would be dead because another person didnt like the player of the characture. :)
Here I am. BITE ME. or not, in fact, never mind, dont want some wacko taking me up on the offer. Only non wacko's may apply for bite allowance.. no garentee that you will be granted said allowance, but you can try.
kroner

Postby kroner » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:09 am

NiTeFyRe wrote:
new.vogue.nightmare wrote:And if I can be tempted to use ooc info, than imagine what newbs like laserboy can do. Especially if he heard about Knatr's 'secret resource' :wink:

Huh!? My character was just in Knatr no more than 5 days ago, and Knatr North; he went because it was outside the Lad Empire, that he has had a tuff past with, never heard of any secret resource on the forums either.

http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=664
who knew? :D
DOOM!
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:30 pm

Thats one of the most confusing topics I've ever seen. One thing's for sure, my char in region is never returning to Knatr, all that titanium and steel were bound to send me head over heal in insanity. =D :oops:
boomhaeur

Postby boomhaeur » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:16 am

"the political world of the game would be destroyed, no-one could successfully attack a town by surprise and charactures would be dead because another person didnt like the player of the characture."

hehe - my response would be - if you're planning a surprise attack - this is probably not the place to mention it.

I think there's a certain amount of watching what IC stuff you bring to the OOC world - I've discussed pretty openly in another thread about a character I've got who I'm pretty much positive is on one of the new, unpopulated regions - but for obvious regions I've kept quiet where he came from, how he got there and where he is....

The game is just as much about keeping the game in the game as keeping the OOC world out of it....
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:02 am

I don't like the 4 day rule and I don't think it is necessary but there are different school's of thought. Considering the 4 day rule ony really applies to this forum because this is the only place that the staff can regulate it I don't think it is much of a rule that can be enforced. If you have 5 characters anyhow the chances are you know what is going on all around the world. I think it is just better to say that using OOC information IC is illegal and will be punishable if you are caught. That is the way it use to be.

So, I'll voice my opinion. I would like to see the 4 day rule abolished.
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:13 am

I'm defintly mixed on this issue....I'd defintly like to keep stuff IC...but sometimes i just wanna spit it out....a couple of times already that rule has been broken by non-newbies on this board...with or withuot the rule, due to excitement....
I just can't stop coming back....
kroner

Postby kroner » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:28 am

Captain Malcolm Reynolds wrote:I don't like the 4 day rule and I don't think it is necessary but there are different school's of thought. Considering the 4 day rule ony really applies to this forum because this is the only place that the staff can regulate it I don't think it is much of a rule that can be enforced. If you have 5 characters anyhow the chances are you know what is going on all around the world. I think it is just better to say that using OOC information IC is illegal and will be punishable if you are caught. That is the way it use to be.

So, I'll voice my opinion. I would like to see the 4 day rule abolished.

you might do a very nice job following the CR and all that (the same pertains to the thread about having multiple characters in one place), but keep in mind that for many people the temptation may be too great or maybe they will break the CR without doing it consciously. ooc information has subtle effects on your characters even when you try your hardest to fight this sort of thing, and not everyone is as skilled or conscientious as you in this regaurd either. it would be nice if they were becuase then we could discuss everything openly not to mention that the players department would have a lot less work. the rules are set in place just as a precaution, because not everyone can be held up to the same high standards.
DOOM!

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”