Body Armor (duplicate)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Dorian

Body Armor (duplicate)

Postby Dorian » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:20 am

Hi, For this Suggestion to work you need to have seen a pretty good movie, Which is Called "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" In the Third Chapter of the DVD Armored Assassins Come and try to Kill the Main Character, Any way they Have Primitive Machineguns, But I Know that you guys propably will not implement them anytime soon but their body armor is worth seeing
It is a Four Piece Chest Plate one Protecting the Neck down to the upper stomach another to the belly button an the last to the belly button to the Groin. The Historical Name for this Armor Is Called "Atwater Body Armor" Used during WWI (Not very popluar, Too Heavy) but it could be used in Cantr as a Sort of Super Body armor Against Crossbows and The like. I am American and so I use Pounds as weighs and the Armor is 40-60 Lbs (Est.)
Save the Trees! Eat a Beaver
mtm21

Postby mtm21 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:01 am

*she looks over at a moderater and mimics* This has been suggested before.. I'm moving this to a rejected suggestion. ;) Please post on the one already listed.

Just kidding... mods. ;) Good idea but I think it has been suggested before...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:05 am

Didn't someone say that there is never going to be body armor because the shields are already balanced enough and if there were any stronger ones then it would totally wreck attacking?
Not-so-sad panda
cald dashew

Postby cald dashew » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:09 pm

but.. body armors could give for example life ;]

Without armor = 100%
With light armor = 105%
medium = 110%
heavy = 115 :twisted:
shapukas

Postby shapukas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Maby better armor would balance battels a little? it shoudnt give more life, but more protection. Lets say cirasa 40%. And i believe that would be all.
mtm21

Postby mtm21 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Um... then again... I'm sick of the theives already. ;) Not a good idea if a thief steals an armour
shapukas

Postby shapukas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:13 pm

Yea, dont leav it on the ground :). Now, other thing. If lets say 5 persons docks and svings axes or shoots crosbows, then there is posibility, that 5-7 persons will be killed instantly without eany reactions. Its a veri hard for viladgers. and what if among them is key keeper?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:27 pm

If we had body armor then everybody who can afford it would also carry whether or not it fits their character's personality, I bet. If there was body armor then it should give big penalties to working on projects and maybe also dragging.

Don't leave it on the ground? If it becomes as common as iron shields are today then people would die wearing it and newspawns would pick it up from the corpse. If five attackers manage to be awake at the same time then they also have a strategic advantage. And the element of surprise unless they use a boat in which case the villagers could have been more vary about boats, at least if they have seen or heard of pirates. Like have the keyholder sleep indoors.
Not-so-sad panda
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:10 pm

I do not like this idea.. for that same newspawn fact just given... Cantr is a society simulator.... not a war game... (though wars do happen)

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:41 am

Moved to Rejected.
Body armour have been suggested here , here and here (from newest to oldest).
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
mtm21

Postby mtm21 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm

*she looks over at a moderater and mimics* This has been suggested before.. I'm moving this to a rejected suggestion. Please post on the one already listed.

Moved to Rejected.
Body armour have been suggested here , here and here (from newest to oldest).

:lol:

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”