The Near Death State [DUPLICATE]

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

haggismcbean

Postby haggismcbean » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:07 pm

I support rape!

In game. (obviously :) )

And only in principle, in the fact that it leads to interesting RP situations, and it's better than just talking about how much limestone you're gathering or some equally mundane subject.

And, in a real society then that kind of thing happens. If you don't mind people going around hitting people and stealing things, to make a decent society simulator, then it's only fair to let people rape, be racist (if there are races in the game), lookist, homophobic and pretty much do any other unacceptable real life stuff.

It's up to the 'good' characters in game to moderate it. And, i suppose, if a player does get too uncomfortable they could always just ignore that character and focus on their other ones until it dies...

Anyway, about this 'near death' thing, why does it have to be when you're over 100% dead? I think it would be much more plausible to have it for, say, anyone who's 90%+ dead or something. I know, it means effectively everyone would have 10% less life but it's much more realistic that way. And we all know Cantr is all about realism.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:10 pm

I don't really care for an extended period like this because I don't really want to have a lingering character unable to do anything. I definitely don't want it to be under 100% health where it takes place. I'd probably be the person always making my chars let go as soon as they received that incapacitating blow. It's hard enough to let go of them when it's instant.. I can't imagine how it'd feel if they lingered.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:23 pm

haggis, you are missing my point. I don't want to censor anybody, I just don't think players should be forced to resort to ooc methods to stop rp that makes them uncomfortable. There are kids that play. It should be easy and always possible to respond in char.
haggismcbean

Postby haggismcbean » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Oh right, so you're saying we should always be able to talk? That seems to make sense.
Darkle-ish

Postby Darkle-ish » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Yeah, chars should always be able to respond to things IC.
"Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way to far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them." -George Carlin, an amazing man.
Skulty

Postby Skulty » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:43 pm

About the percentage where the near death state begins, I don't care that it happens at 90% or at 100%, as long as the balance in the game is the same as it is without that state, but since changing to 90% would mean having to cut every damage to 0.9 times, I think it's easier to make it at 100%...

And it's an interesting thing that this thread had more replies once this little war about raping etc. began then when it was just to talk about the suggestion... :?
Not that it had lack of replies, on the contrary, I never had a suggestion this well accepted and I'm damn happy about it! :D

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”