The Near Death State [DUPLICATE]

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Notes could be in pockets in reality..
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:57 am

Honestly, in a near-dead situation, I think the only thing you should get to do is speak. All items drop as though killed, allowing to leave someone for dead on the road. IMO, things might not be "dropped" in a literal sense, however a near-dead person couldn't do much to prevent someone else from taking anything from them, so they're effectively dropped so far as game mechanics are concerned.

Also, if this state can be properly coded, we may be able to get a similar unconcious state induced by bludgenoing (causing tiredness to rise above 100%) that forces an all drop, no action, able to coup-de-gras state, diffrent from near-dead only in that you'll recover from it.

(I of course mention this only as means to remind ProgD that we can get more then one implementation out of a single piece of code. That's a good thing, I believe.)
Scratch and sniff text
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:36 am

If there was an unconsciousness state then I'd rather have it so that the items remain on the person but they can be picked up from him/her without him being able to resist. This would allow dragging the items along with the person and they wouldn't be scattered all around the place. Also the person shouldn't see who took the stuff.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:02 pm

SekoETC wrote:If there was an unconsciousness state then I'd rather have it so that the items remain on the person but they can be picked up from him/her without him being able to resist. This would allow dragging the items along with the person and they wouldn't be scattered all around the place. Also the person shouldn't see who took the stuff.

To do this, you'd effectively have to turn the character into a container upon entering the state.

However, I'm still strongly for dropping everything.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:22 pm

Actually I'd also be for having corpses keep their items, since there's no concept of near and far inside locations, thus a newspawn couldn't tell if the items on the ground are from a corpse or just dropped by living people. Some people have a threshold when it comes to robbing corpses but there is no such threshold if you can't tell the items had fallen from a dead person.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:12 pm

SekoETC wrote:Actually I'd also be for having corpses keep their items, since there's no concept of near and far inside locations, thus a newspawn couldn't tell if the items on the ground are from a corpse or just dropped by living people. Some people have a threshold when it comes to robbing corpses but there is no such threshold if you can't tell the items had fallen from a dead person.

I'll change my mind if, as you suggest, it's changed for all bodies.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:31 pm

The only thing against that suggestion is that if someone starts a burial project, the items on the corpse are instantly destroyed. It should be possible to dig up the grave and retrieve the items (and the corpse too, why not?) but they would deteriorate rapidly while underground. Also it should be possible to work against the project so that you wouldn't have to finish it first to be able to dig up a corpse.

Could we bury people alive if unconsciousness/near death state came to play?
Not-so-sad panda
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:39 pm

You mean incapacitate people so they can't even kill themselves?

Why are there so many threads Forcing people to watch you play with their chars? Children, slaves, now the near-dead. All the same suggestion. This is sick.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:49 pm

Ok, you see right through me. But the suggestion was originally for allowing people to have a last word in, not to turn them into toys for sickos like me. And in the near death state people would have the button for giving up so no one would be forced to live in that state.

And the unconsciousness state would allow taking things from people without having to kill them (since it's reversible) so there would be less people trying to annoy others into killing them just because they don't like their spawn location. Since you could just knock them out to take the stuff back, then force them to keep on living.

And for your information, not all of my characters are creeps even though I would be. The ones that are have full ingame reasons for it.
Not-so-sad panda
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:48 pm

The possible code for incapacitated/unconscious state could be also used with the tied/tackled state.

This is sick

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...

Cantr is full of disgusting players! xDDDDDDDDDDDD

Let the children come to me!!!!!

-slurps-

xD^69

Sanchez, what is worse than to be killed?
:P

The main character of a gangbang could look for vengeance or could commit suicide. The murdered can do nothing.

-Sicofonte is listening "My Third Arm" (Pantera) and "Gangbang" (Carnival in Coal)- Oh, yeah.
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:30 pm

Don't aggravate her :roll: If there was an unconsciousness state, wouldn't it be natural that the person couldn't see any events? That way people couldn't rape unconscious people (or if they did, at least the victim wouldn't have to read the rp without being able to respond).
If a person is incapacitated then they shouldn't be stopped from communicating. Everybody has the right to communicate. People just should play along and only use rp instead of talking if they're gagged and stuff. But this is off-topic.
Not-so-sad panda
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:32 pm

You should always be able to write notes and suicide, even if theft off a person becomes possible.

I really think there need to be more in-game options available for players short of contacting PD or unsubbing just in case they aren't comfortable reading rape fanstasies.
Last edited by sanchez on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:59 pm

I DON'T FORCE IT UPON PLAYERS. :( You make me want to hurt myself in real life, are you happy with that? I feel like shit. I wish someone would hurt me because I can't help being a creep, the world made me this way. But I don't do player bashing, if someone would tell me OOC they can't handle stuff then I would stop, even if it ruins the game for me.
Not-so-sad panda
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 pm

Sanchez:

From the very first post of this suggestion, there was the option for the player to have their char let go and die.

As far as it being an option in any other situations as Cantr is now, that is a separate suggestion and thought, no? Discussing the possibility of "letting go" when in an uncomfortable RP situation belongs in another thread to get the right recognition that it deserves.

There was absolutely no need to put Seko' name on that "rape fantasies" bit, and it was a low blow. You could have easily, easily said something like "other players' rape fantasies" because you know that such situations/preferences are NOT isolated to any one player in this game. I can't even believe you said that.

Sico:

Stop trying to antagonize Sanchez.

Now everyone, let's play relatively nicely in this thread.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Cantr has alot of underage players so those things must be treat carefully, if allowed at all. We all know what my opinions on them are in real life, but I'd be for banning in cantr to protect others.

Back on topic, the near death state would be fine for a good roleplayed throws of death, however forcing other characters into situations and the number of people who'll abuse this far outweighs the benefit to the few who actually can roleplay an extended death.
Mistress's Puppy

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”