Fuel in Harvestors

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Racetyme

Fuel in Harvestors

Postby Racetyme » Wed May 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Why is it that harvestors accept petrol as fuel, but none of the other fuels? If they have an engine that can run on petrol, it can certainly run on biodiesel, and with a little trouble it could run on alcohol. Propane I'm not so sure about, but as long as we are doing the other two, it would probably be fair to add it as well.
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu May 24, 2007 1:02 am

Very little is fair in Life or Cantr . There are no plans to add other fuels to harvestors - The old style manual machines are very efficient already
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 am

I didn't say anything about fair. Logically it really should work.
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
ceselb

Postby ceselb » Thu May 24, 2007 2:21 am

Petrol is already much more efficient than the other fuels, so it's not a problem I think.
It will hopefully bring up a whole new petrol industry. I know various groups have been gearing up for some time already.
"I'll start with who, what, where, and when, followed by whither, whether, wherefore and whence, and follow that up with a big side-order of 'why'." -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Thu May 24, 2007 4:06 am

Logically, yeah, it could run on bio-diesal without too muc hwork... however, that makes it too accessable. It's ment as an added perk of petrol over the other fuels.
Scratch and sniff text
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Thu May 24, 2007 4:14 am

gearing up? i have a petrol industry in full swing, and have for years! we got to work on a fractional distillation stack the day it was available and have enough coke to make petrol till the day i die (and enough oil too ;p)
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
ceselb

Postby ceselb » Thu May 24, 2007 4:17 am

Great. That's solid commitment right there. :D
"I'll start with who, what, where, and when, followed by whither, whether, wherefore and whence, and follow that up with a big side-order of 'why'." -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Thu May 24, 2007 4:20 am

actually i just checked the resources devoted to making petrol and we only have enough for a year, but with little effort we can have enough till i die! (with oil and 2 drills right in the town, and tons of wood in storage plus a forest 2 towns over and vehicles to do trade make it very easy to get what we need)

hell, our town might just rename itself texas!
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.

You see a wild boar attack Person.

Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu May 24, 2007 9:28 am

Do you really want to have the project list on the harvestors look like the friggin firepits? Until we have more effective coding to define the usage multiple fuel types, we're just going to have to live with this limitation.

P.S. Oh yeah, and the harvestors are already rediculously efficient. Very little chance of living as a farmer in Cantrian societies as it is.

Moving to rejected
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”