Treasures - not suggested method - Duplicate

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Arlequin

Treasures - not suggested method - Duplicate

Postby Arlequin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:37 am

An idea for treasures:

- A "Bury" project for certain movable containers.

- When you start it, the project asks for "instructions". You enter then a short text like "Thirty steps east from the marked coconut tree, then twenty steps north and ten steps uphill." It can be also a riddle answer or whatever you like.

This text is the treasure "key" that will be matched later to dig it.

- When the project is finished, the container isn't listed anymore in that location.

- When you start a treasure dig project (1 day or so) with the shovel, you are asked for the instructions; capitals shouldn't matter, but the text must be exact. You don't get a warning if it's wrong.

- The container is lost when you dig it back. So you aren't going to abuse it as a regular storage.

- If the treasure isn't recovered, it will be revealed after... fifty years or so.

What I like most of the idea is that the necessary step to recover the treasure would be knowledge, either from mouth to ear or written. Imagine what would mean defeating or jailing that old pirate captain. :wink:
♫ bling! ♫
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:19 am

I don't like how complex it becomes, but on the whole I like the system. The best part is the ease with which you integrate the location. It isn't really a location, but a string of words that acts as the correct answer. Somewhat unnecessary I think, but cool.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:51 am

This is a duplicate suggestion which has been discussed before , see
http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49887
http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=875

The method may be slightly different from the others previously suggested but doesn't warrant it's own thread

Moved to rejected suggestions
Surly

Postby Surly » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Chris, could you lock duplicate threads?

Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”