Dung digester

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

DELGRAD

Dung digester

Postby DELGRAD » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:38 am

Build a dung digester to product another source of vehicle fuel. I am not good with specifics, but could this be done? Would be another use for the large piles of dung.

EDIT: methane for the most part is natural gas (97%). And you get 40% energy from nat gas as you would from the same amount of propane.

My first suggestion and I think it is a good one. I would really like to see this accepted and implemented. Ang prog dept could tweak it a little for Cantr, by way of percentage/vehicle consumption.

If this to be accepted I would tag it as a moderate piority. Prog dept is still playing aroung with fuel. Right?
Last edited by DELGRAD on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:30 am

hmm this could be good... IMHO

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
dryn

Postby dryn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:41 am

And it would *so* have to keep the same name. Dung digester sounds awesome.

Since the source fuel is quite easily avaliable I would say that it shouldn't produce much at all.
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:28 am

Personally, i want to be able to use dung as a projectile weapon. Perhaps it could herald in the onset of ranged weapons needing ammunition?

It would also affect dirtyness, if the bar ever makes it to meaning something.
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
DELGRAD

Postby DELGRAD » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:14 am

dryn wrote:And it would *so* have to keep the same name. Dung digester sounds awesome.

Since the source fuel is quite easily avaliable I would say that it shouldn't produce much at all.

I called it a dung digester since there is no manure by name. Name it the DELGRAD dung digester. :D

Digesters produce far less than other fuel production methods, but for Cantr a good amount should be produced. Not alot and not very little. In RL alot of dung produces alot of methane so I say the more dung used the more fuel produced. It could give some backwater hamelets a tradeable product.

Zanthos wrote:Personally, i want to be able to use dung as a projectile weapon. Perhaps it could herald in the onset of ranged weapons needing ammunition?

It would also affect dirtyness, if the bar ever makes it to meaning something.

Thread highjacker. Start your own suggestion. :evil: :D
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:21 am

When dung was first introduced, someone predicted it would become the most useful resource in the game...
You can use it for cooking and composting... is there enough of it for further applications?
DELGRAD

Postby DELGRAD » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:24 am

tiddy ogg wrote:When dung was first introduced, someone predicted it would become the most useful resource in the game...
You can use it for cooking and composting... is there enough of it for further applications?

"is there enough of it for further applications?" You joking right? There are towns that have enough to fill a stone building plus some, several thousand kilos .
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:42 am

This was of course concidered by RD... and IF it is implimented, it would yield gas which would still need to be converted to propane before being used as a fuel... the only problem is it would extensively de-value gas and propane, or it would have to have a yield so small per day, that it would be impractical as a means of running a car.
Scratch and sniff text
dryn

Postby dryn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 am

Nakranoth wrote:it would have to have a yield so small per day, that it would be impractical as a means of running a car.

I was thinking that it would add an extra avenue to follow to produce fuel rather then be the sole source.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 pm

The problem is, propane is already such a useful resource, if we add another worthwhile route to get it, it would be imbalanced.
Scratch and sniff text
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Nakranoth wrote:The problem is, propane is already such a useful resource, if we add another worthwhile route to get it, it would be imbalanced.

Agreed - as sensible as some suggestions are, game balance also has to be considered ... especially as there are other products from dung planned
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:48 am

A good idea, but this indeed does come down to game balance. In this case, game balance needs to supercede realism. IF we change our mind on this, it will have to be the least efficient source of fuel in order to prevent deflation of "natural" gas.

Moving to rejected.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
dryn

Postby dryn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:46 am

For those interested here is an article about poop propane.
http://www.habmigern2003.info/biogas/me ... ester.html

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”