Project Following

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Spillages

Project Following

Postby Spillages » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:33 pm

Why not make follow a project just like dragging or hitting someone?

Great for when couples plan on going on a trip and aren't awake at the exact same time. When they enter a building that is not locked and has enough capacity you will automatically enter it also. You would start down a road at the same time and automatically adjust your speed to who you are following so you always stay beside them and never behind or in front.
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:52 pm

This has been sugested before and has been rejected - it is a level of automatiopn not really desired in the game

Moved to rejected suggestions
km17

Postby km17 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:53 pm

no reason this one is rejected? i dont exactly like the idea but think he deserves a reason to its rejection
km17

Postby km17 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:54 pm

lol cant edit but look that the times, almost the exact same times.
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:31 pm

Not everyone can be online all the time to check. Sometimes i am unable to to log in for a few days and tell another character that you will go to the next town when they wake up but are unable to due to real life events. Not really an automation but a solution to an inconvenience.
silence is golden;

DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
dryn

Postby dryn » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:36 am

km17 wrote:no reason this one is rejected? i dont exactly like the idea but think he deserves a reason to its rejection

He did give a reason. Cris said "it is a level of automatiopn not really desired in the game ".
Leo Luncid

Re: Project Following

Postby Leo Luncid » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:21 am

Spillages wrote:Why not make follow a project just like dragging or hitting someone?

Great for when couples plan on going on a trip and aren't awake at the exact same time. When they enter a building that is not locked and has enough capacity you will automatically enter it also. You would start down a road at the same time and automatically adjust your speed to who you are following so you always stay beside them and never behind or in front.
Call me "not-into-Cantr," but how's this following a project? Your following a person...
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
km17

Postby km17 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:41 am

dryn wrote:
km17 wrote:no reason this one is rejected? i dont exactly like the idea but think he deserves a reason to its rejection

He did give a reason. Cris said "it is a level of automatiopn not really desired in the game ".

read post immeditally after, not hard to scroll a little more.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:07 am

In some situations, you need a bit of luck and a good timing to get away. Something like this would totally crush the chances of people who are wounded, burdened down or just plain slow. It's pretty much impossible to escape on foot anyway if they see which road you're choosing, so having someone hang on your tail would make escaping impossible.
Not-so-sad panda
Leo Luncid

Re: Project Following

Postby Leo Luncid » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 am

Leo Luncid wrote:
Spillages wrote:Why not make follow a project just like dragging or hitting someone?

Call me "not-into-Cantr," but how's this following a project? Your following a person...
Nevermind, sorry. Had a misinterpretation of the the thread title.
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”