Fighting

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

km17

Fighting

Postby km17 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:16 am

I was wondering today how people can fight with 10 diffrent weapons in their hands? ive seen a guy hold 9 sabers and attack with one, wouldnt the other weapons have to be dropped first?

so i came up with this.

The more weapons you hold the less damage you do and more you take.
so if your holding 10 sabers you will be weaker because you are otherwise preoccupied with not dropping the other sabers.
the same would go for shields.

now obvisouly you could probbly hold two sabers and fight better, but only if you hold two sabers. and you could probbly hold a saber and dirk, or even if you have clothing (probbly a belt) you could hold two sabers and a dirk (in the belt)

i know this would mean a lot of programing and only adds realism to the game but thats what im after.

maybe you could set up a weapon effect triangle (or other shape) so that one weapon is not the best anymore, that would stop everyone from wanting just one type of weapon, and coupled with the above would mean that no one person could defeat any oppenet easily.

Thoughts, suggestions, commemnts. always open to constructive critisim.
Wilmer Bordonado

Postby Wilmer Bordonado » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:22 am

Just a thought: people can only attack once a day, being able to choose the weapon to attack with.
Holding a tenth of sables wouldn't make that only attack better, and holding a tenth of shield wouldn't protect him/her better, so... Why are you worried?

Wilmer B.
SI A LA VIDA, NO A LAS PAPELERAS!
http://www.noalapapelera.com.ar
YES TO LIFE, NO TO PULP MILLS!
http://chrislang.blogspot.com/2006_08_31_chrislang_archive.html
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:24 am

Erm, all weapons are in your 'inventory', or 'stored' away until you use them. At the attacking screen, you select which weapon to pull out. THEN it's in your hand. Think of it that way.

Anyway, who is to say Cantrians even have hands?
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:21 pm

This is clearly a ploy to make town leaders / other old characters hand out their extra weapons. They might if you prove yourself trustworthy and not about to drop dead any moment, as many youngsters unfortunately do. ...Or fall asleep... isn't it a shame when you finally give a weapon or a shield to someone and right after they fall asleep - you give them food in case they would wake up but their items deteriorate in their hands, no way to stop it. Though nowadays the rotting is so slow that there might not be a trouble anymore.

If carrying weapons would cause encumberance then carrying ANYTHING should do it. No more carrying 15 kilos of sand without a bag. The way you might carry it is take a handful, move it to a pile, go back, pick another handful, move it to a pile, go back and repeat as much as needed. But naturally storage items should then be much easier to produce. Three days for a sack... stupid RD...
Not-so-sad panda
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 pm

SekoETC wrote:This is clearly a ploy to make town leaders / other old characters hand out their extra weapons. They might if you prove yourself trustworthy and not about to drop dead any moment, as many youngsters unfortunately do. ...Or fall asleep... isn't it a shame when you finally give a weapon or a shield to someone and right after they fall asleep - you give them food in case they would wake up but their items deteriorate in their hands, no way to stop it. Though nowadays the rotting is so slow that there might not be a trouble anymore.

If carrying weapons would cause encumberance then carrying ANYTHING should do it. No more carrying 15 kilos of sand without a bag. The way you might carry it is take a handful, move it to a pile, go back, pick another handful, move it to a pile, go back and repeat as much as needed. But naturally storage items should then be much easier to produce. Three days for a sack... stupid RD...

Do cantrians have hands? I always figured that the items sort of orbited them, seeing as they can hold water and sand and that, as well as about 20 weapons at once

EDIT: Oh yeah, just to make clear this is being sarcastic. If the things actually orbited them then their weapons would accidently cut up anyone who came near them
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:52 pm

I always RP that the weapon in question comes with a sheath/strap. Mind you, none of my charries hold more than a Crossbow, shield, and claymore. Easily hold the Crossbow, put the shield on your back, and have the claymore in a sheath on your belt. its all just RP prefference really. Only logical to me that a weapon'd come with a way of storage.
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:53 pm

deadboy wrote:
SekoETC wrote:This is clearly a ploy to make town leaders / other old characters hand out their extra weapons. They might if you prove yourself trustworthy and not about to drop dead any moment, as many youngsters unfortunately do. ...Or fall asleep... isn't it a shame when you finally give a weapon or a shield to someone and right after they fall asleep - you give them food in case they would wake up but their items deteriorate in their hands, no way to stop it. Though nowadays the rotting is so slow that there might not be a trouble anymore.

Do cantrians have hands? I always figured that the items sort of orbited them, seeing as they can hold water and sand and that, as well as about 20 weapons at once

EDIT: Oh yeah, just to make clear this is being sarcastic. If the things actually orbited them then their weapons would accidently cut up anyone who came near them

Heh, that's a good theory, or way of thinking of it.. Hehe.. Nice RP'ing excuse for attacking someone and missing now..

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:02 am

SekoETC wrote:This is clearly a ploy to make town leaders / other old characters hand out their extra weapons. They might if you prove yourself trustworthy and not about to drop dead any moment, as many youngsters unfortunately do. ...Or fall asleep... isn't it a shame when you finally give a weapon or a shield to someone and right after they fall asleep - you give them food in case they would wake up but their items deteriorate in their hands, no way to stop it.

Oh yeah, nothing to do with the topic but after you just said this I felt like saying this:

Recently I got given a sabre and iron shield about two hours after I spawned :D
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:21 am

I had a character in a similar situation =P
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:30 am

deadboy wrote:
SekoETC wrote:This is clearly a ploy to make town leaders / other old characters hand out their extra weapons. They might if you prove yourself trustworthy and not about to drop dead any moment, as many youngsters unfortunately do. ...Or fall asleep... isn't it a shame when you finally give a weapon or a shield to someone and right after they fall asleep - you give them food in case they would wake up but their items deteriorate in their hands, no way to stop it.

Oh yeah, nothing to do with the topic but after you just said this I felt like saying this:

Recently I got given a sabre and iron shield about two hours after I spawned :D

Felin Ginger did that, but you didn't have to wait an entire two hours after spawning. :P

the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:35 am

N-Aldwitch wrote:Anyway, who is to say Cantrians even have hands?

Uhm... gloves? I think they have hands. How many fingers and thumbs, though, I don't know.

But, yea, I agree with what you said about it being in storage, then in your hand after you make a choice, N-Aldwitch.

I'm thinking this suggestion would be a lot more programming than the realism it captures is worth. I'm not sure it'd even be capturing realism, because I agree with Seko too, in that if you have to juggle the weapons you're holding, you'd be having to juggle anything you're holding in this situation.

I just thought they carried Santa sacks around on their backs (along with various weapon/shield strapping methods).
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:05 am

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:I just thought they carried Santa sacks around on their backs (along with various weapon/shield strapping methods).

Lol and scales. (to measure exactly how much they can carry)

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:24 am

A lot of programming effort for little gain

Moved to rejected suggestions

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”