Translated Pre-built Emotes [Duplicate]

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

N-Aldwitch

Translated Pre-built Emotes [Duplicate]

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:32 am

The basic theory behind this is that a few buttons will be implemented like pointing, but instead it is hand signals that are universally recognised such as Stop/Wait (putting the palm of your hand facing someone else), Waving (moving your hand side to side) and Dissmissed/Shoo/Flee (hand down like a cat's paw, and flicking it up, then back to it's original state, then flicking it up, in a 'Shoo!' motion).

Basically these three buttons would be available to the player. Now- this is the bit I am more interested in than the buttons- when you press it, it would translate to what ever language the user sees it in.

For example.
If Bob is English and I am Polish, and he Waves to me, on his screen it will say that he waved, and it'll say it in English. On my screen, it will say it in Polish that he waved.

There was a similar suggestion for pointing to objects but this is different.

Now, if the programmers have initial trouble finding people to translate the emotes, then the default should be the language it was done in. So if you wave to a person who speaks Chinese, but there is no translation for that Wave YET, then he will see English. Regardless, this would be removed later.

With this implemented, it would allow for non-verbal communication which at this point is impossible.
(yes you can point at people and do certain things, but perhaps a few extra things would go down well)
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:41 am

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”