Areas - Duplicate of Town Areas & Free Roaming suggesti

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

deadboy

Areas - Duplicate of Town Areas & Free Roaming suggesti

Postby deadboy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Now I'm pretty certain that this name will ring a bell, but hear me out, because this is most certain a -new- idea overall, even if parts of it have been suggested before

Now, to begin with, I want towns to have sectors, which would work like this

Building/vehicles/sectors/towns
Buildings

Bobs house (enter knock etc)
Workshop

Vehicles

Tandem (blah blah blah)

Sectors

Buisness district (Paved area)
Cotton farm (Field)
Shopping centre (Paved area)
Relaxation (Wooded area)

Now, these three, and more if you can come up with them, would act like buildings, in that you could go through them, but they cannot be locked, without another special building, a gate, which locks a sector out from being entered from any other sector or road. Now, the thing that seperates them from buildings however, is that they are outside areas. This means that there is no -main area- in a town, and when a sector is built each road is automatically assigned to arrive in a certain sector of the town. This means that to leave the town you go to the sector it connects to, and then select the road. This means that everything in a town is not automatically seen by everyone. Now, wooded areas could only be built in woods, fields in grasslands, and paved areas would be anywhere, and would have the particular bonus of having a large amount of building plots, and no animals whereas fields and wooded areas would only have a few building plots, but would have a few collecting spaces, increasing the amount of collecting spaces a town has.

Well there's the first idea, and here's my second. You may have noticed I had towns in the top menu, that's because that's my next idea, as empires arn't forming, let's have the ability to make towns. These would connect to the main city, and would be the equivelent of the outside areas now. They would cost alot to make but have half of the "cities" resources, and half new resources, and so would be invaluably useful. They would take exactly two hours to travel to, and between, and again each sector is assigned it's own towns, so that travelling from a town to the "city" you arrive in a certain sector.

This is a major change, but would be a very interesting and useful one
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:13 pm

there is nothing substantative in either suggestion which hasn't been suggested before - have a search for areas or free roaming or town districts - they all bring up similar suggestions

As this is a duplicate its been moved to rejected suggestions
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:41 pm

Chris, you arn't getting the idea of what I was suggesting. I am not suggesting free roaming with towns able to be built whereever you like. I am suggesting that towns be subsiduaries of cities, but with a small travelling time
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:48 pm

deadboy wrote:Chris, you arn't getting the idea of what I was suggesting. I am not suggesting free roaming with towns able to be built whereever you like. I am suggesting that towns be subsiduaries of cities, but with a small travelling time

I'm fully aware of your 2nd suggestion and it has been covered before - not as free roaming but building settlements down roads and other related ideas, all your suggestion offers over this is that there is a fixed distance between these settlements - much less flexible than the other suggestions

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”