Remove planer requirement from furniture

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Solfius

Remove planer requirement from furniture

Postby Solfius » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:05 pm

At the moment all furniture requires a planer to make.

Perhaps to encourage players to roleplay a bit and build furntiure we ought to remove the planer so that it's a lot easier to make it? I think that would give nearly all players the option to make furniture and should see an increase in it's use and construction.

Edited for thread title. -rklenseth
griogal

Postby griogal » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:54 pm

I agree, but there should be an advantage of some kind in furniture, like healing quickier when sleeping in a bed, storage of dicments in desks etc.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:22 am

Yeah, added functionality would increase the incentive to make them. After all, in RL all things were made to serve a purpose.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:54 pm

Well, I have found one good use for a bed, but I guess it's all just roleplaying. You aren't really on the bed. It would be nice to at least have actions associated with the furniture, like an icon to click so you actually sit or lie down on it.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I think it very important that furniture be able to be dragged, so you can build it one place then move it to another. That way building furniture can more easily become someones business. Moving to a new room would be possible, etc.
I also like the drawer for holding notes in the desk. My characters get sick of carrying all those notes all the time.
Missy

Postby Missy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:52 am

lmfao!! @ Carrying notes all the time! If you had any idea how many notes some of my chars carry around. hhahaha!
Yes, I also feel that we should be able to actually USE the furniture. Although people rp and say *Sits in the bed* it isn't really "true" that they are doing it.

Since chairs and beds can be completed and made, my question is, how long is it before characters CAN actually use the pieces they build? I'm assuming that one day it will be Implemented ...so that characters can be seen...
"John Boy sits in a wooden chair" using them. When is that going to happen? Some towns have had at least a chair for the longest time now.
Missy

Postby Missy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:07 am

But...then again. I wonder how many people would actually use the bed or chair....and stop their projects, just to resume some sort of social stuff.
Some things should be able to be done while you are sitting on a chair...should be able to build tools while sitting on it. And if it's outside you should be able to farm for food etc, although the amount of stuff the char collected would be relatively less than usual if they were collecting while sitting on a chair.
*Shrugs* Anyways...*Waiting patiently to be able to use the furniture....*
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:15 am

while you are sitting it could take longer to lose health from sitting there.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”