Variable gathering rate per location [Duplicate]

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

T-shirt

Variable gathering rate per location [Duplicate]

Postby T-shirt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:18 pm

More diversity in resource richness between locations.

This suggestion will positively enhance and improve trade.

I know the yield of gathering projects varies by -20 to +20 percent per project.

This suggestion is different though. I suggest that no fixed gathering rate is given for resources. All resources keep their old gathering rate or new rates (to keep players from knowing the average rate), and every location where that resource can be gathered is poor or rich in that resources; the gathering rate for a specific resource can vary by -75 to +100 percent from the (secret) gathering rate for that resource.

With this suggestion wood is not gathered at 300 grams a day without tools. It might be gathered at 253 grams a day at some location and 516 grams a day at another location. The rate at which it can be gathered on that location will be visible on the location tab.

Ideally, make most resources available in many more locations, but at very different gathering rates. For example, it would be great if gold was available at a gathering rate of 1 to 2 grams per day in almost any town and only in a few towns in an abundance of 10 grams per day.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - G. Marx
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:25 pm

Please, not the rare ones. Let this apply for wood, stone, sand, grass and what not. Those should be found pretty much everywhere. But metals should generally be found only on mountains and hills (although for some reason they tend to appear in forests) and plants would appear in grasslands and hills, centered on certain fertile locations and getting gradually more rare on the way to less nutritious regions.
Not-so-sad panda
T-shirt

Postby T-shirt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:58 pm

SekoETC wrote:Please, not the rare ones. Let this apply for wood, stone, sand, grass and what not. Those should be found pretty much everywhere.
Wow easy now...

I was not suggesting that all resources should be available everywhere. I suggest that resources are not gathered at a fixed rate. And as an extra suggestion suggest to add most resources to more locations at a very low gathering rate (5 to 15% of the 'secret' average for example).
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - G. Marx
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:49 pm

This has been suggested many times before. Here are a couple threads that have the general idea outlined. I know there are several more (and more indepth) threads out there, but my casual search didn't turn them up.

http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27542
http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6806

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”