I'm tired of suicidal newspawns

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu May 25, 2006 5:22 pm

It is my understanding that if a char dies under the age of 25, that (and only that) slot is frozen for 2 cantr years. If it is a new player, they should still have many slots to fill up. If it is someone who has a full slate, then they still have 14 chars to play with. I don't see this as being a huge punishment, just a possible deterrant.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu May 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Oasis wrote:It is my understanding that if a char dies under the age of 25, that (and only that) slot is frozen for 2 cantr years. If it is a new player, they should still have many slots to fill up. If it is someone who has a full slate, then they still have 14 chars to play with

Yes thats exactly how it works

Oasis wrote: I don't see this as being a huge punishment, just a possible deterrant.

Which is one of my reasons why I don't think it will work well as a deterrant - Nusiance suicidal new spawns tend to be the newer players who will still have the spare slots to create new chars
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu May 25, 2006 6:53 pm

Yes, I see your point. However, many new players don't have their chars become suicidal until they have no more spaces to fill, thus no more attempts at a certain location they might be looking for. So it will still be a deterrant to some.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Thu May 25, 2006 7:12 pm

Brilliant!

excellent to see a practical discussion and a sensible outcome...

Hehe no more newspawn thiefs for HF :D
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Marian

Postby Marian » Thu May 25, 2006 7:29 pm

Wow that was fast! This is great guys, thanks again! :D

And this doesn't have to necessarily cut down on the number of spawn and run thieves, but it might increase the number who actually turn around when they're obviously going to be killed on the road. A tiny shred of self preservation, imagine that! :shock:

Anyway, I don't think most suicidal chars are new players, seeing how many of them attack people. At least when I first joined I wasn't able to hit anybody for several days, and that should be enough time even for someone who doesn't bother to read the forums to figure out that stealing stuff and going in and out of buildings is a bad idea.
Sho

Postby Sho » Thu May 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Chris Johnson wrote:As this is now in implemented suggestions it may be best to keep the debate about the issues in General discussions.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Thu May 25, 2006 8:16 pm

Someone make Sho a moderator purleeeeze or tell him to STFU
R.I.P:

Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Thu May 25, 2006 11:06 pm

YaY!!... It's implimented!!
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.
Marian

Postby Marian » Thu May 25, 2006 11:20 pm

Sorry! :oops: Got carried away I guess...somebody go make a thread in general now.

Someone make Sho a moderator purleeeeze or tell him to STFU

Hehe, you're going to be kicking yourself if they follow the first suggestion. Now might be a good time to register a new account... :P
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu May 25, 2006 11:29 pm

Phalynx wrote:Hehe no more newspawn thiefs for HF :D
You wish

I now only have four characters. That's lots of space for newspawn thieves.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Marian

Postby Marian » Thu May 25, 2006 11:33 pm

IMHO, newspawn thieves are fun. Some of my best charas have started out like that, and it's a good way to get some tension and RP within the first five minutes of spawning. It's just the suicidal part I don't like. If it's obvious my char doesn't have a chance they turn around, like any sane person would do.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Thu May 25, 2006 11:35 pm

I'm fast begining to learn a bunch of psychopaths play this game.... Still at least you are all stuck indoors on your PCs and Macs instead of out nicking stuff!
R.I.P:

Mykey

Postby Mykey » Fri May 26, 2006 4:22 am

I hate this it sucks..I seriously considered being a multi today.But seeing I only got 1 suicidal character I decided against it,What`s wrong with a suicdal character anyways? IT gives me someone to raise my skill with;)If all of your people are over 25 I guess it doesnt hurt you mine arn`t,I was spawned inside a warzone last week,Should I lose a character for 40 days because I spawned in a bad spot? I don`t think so:( This will create multi`s:( It`s just a really bad idea imo.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
marol

Postby marol » Fri May 26, 2006 7:05 am

Please remember there are many players (not necessarily newbies) who creates new charrie again and again until they have it spawned in location they want and with skills they want. Last implementation could help to bring down such behaviour.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Fri May 26, 2006 7:08 am

I agree it will,But I don`t think that is necessarily a good thing.People shouldn`t do that.But this is not a good way to deal with imo.It works.But I`m more concerned with if it will do more harm than good.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”