I'm tired of suicidal newspawns

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Fri May 26, 2006 10:39 am

Oh my god, someone kill him now, put us all out of our misery: Fear him, for he is the new Thetaris!! :shock: :?
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Fri May 26, 2006 10:39 am

I see,Thank you for clearing that up for me.*smiles*
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Fri May 26, 2006 10:40 am

Oh my god, rid yourself of the '* *', and use fricken emoticons to the left of the box you type in, god damn it!!!!! :evil:

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

Mykey

Postby Mykey » Fri May 26, 2006 10:40 am

I`m all original buddy*winks* I`m the new nothing.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Fri May 26, 2006 10:44 am

No, you're not the new nothing: You're nothing new. 8)

Mykey

Postby Mykey » Fri May 26, 2006 10:56 am

That is good to know,I assumed the world was big enough for only one of me....I guess I was wrong*smiles* and those emoticons are pretty limiting I`ll stick with my * * *winks*

// Booth of you please read this topic title
// marol

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri May 26, 2006 12:53 pm

Phalynx wrote:Life is a little less cheaper in Cantr now... which has to be good... and now chasing a thief and killing them is more than just an exercise.. its proper punishment...
No, it's an in-game resolution of game mechanics which makes it possible for someone to enter all buildings in a town and run, if done quickly enough and no-one's awake.

Killing fleeing thieves is almost a universal way of dealing with the issue - I have only rarely seen alternate approaches to the issue, most of them fail and are dropped, as the thief gets away.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Sat May 27, 2006 9:46 am

I`m posting this here also because I think in the mess of the 40 day rule it won`t be seen.

Could we set all cantr accounts with a remote to alert staff if too many charaters (I suggest 5 but whatever works) have been created within a given amount of time? This way they can check the accounts and see if its a suicide problem or not and they could lock those people`s slots as opposed to mine:) Is this possible?Is a bad idea? Is it impossible to write?
Because this rule COULD hurt new players like me. And I think something simple like this accomplishes the goal and is extremely fair at the same time.

Thank you for your time:)

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat May 27, 2006 10:54 am

That is programmable but thats not the problem with this suggestin

There were 132 seperate players who lost at least 5 characters in the past 30 days - The work involved in investigating all these case every month would swamp the PD . Any solution has to be easy to maintain and be as automatic as possible.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Sat May 27, 2006 11:09 am

Dang it!!! I was really hoping this would be the cure-all that made EVERYONE happy,I don`t suppose changing the variables (say 3 spawns within 10 days as an example) in the equation and looking at spawning patterns as opossed to deaths would make this any less overwhelming?

Oh well I tried,It sounded really good in theory to me.

Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat May 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Mykeyrools wrote:Dang it!!! I was really hoping this would be the cure-all that made EVERYONE happy,I don`t suppose changing the variables (say 3 spawns within 10 days as an example) in the equation and looking at spawning patterns as opossed to deaths would make this any less overwhelming?

Oh well I tried,It sounded really good in theory to me.

However, it wouldn't have made the lives of Cantr characters less disposable, so it wouldn't have pleased everybody anyway
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Sat May 27, 2006 9:43 pm

But it would have fixed the problem that this thread was made for.

Failproofmidget

Re: I'm tired of suicidal newspawns

Postby Failproofmidget » Sat May 03, 2014 11:33 pm

I suppose I have you to thank for waiting a month after my newspawn starved to death.
When you dont know whats under the bed....look.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Sun May 04, 2014 3:47 am

Holy Thread-necro, batman!

Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Uma

Postby Uma » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:45 pm

dang, starvation shouldn't keep you out for a month!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”