83%
Bad Idea
10%
Unsure
7%

Total votes: 29
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:58 am

Hmm... perhaps by typing what you want pressed on the coin would suffice for the customization. The work could be done automatically. There's no reason to make things complicated. it's a game, not real life. I mean, we have cars that need no fuel. :wink:

But anyway. As for special awards and medals, you could just use the press and only make one coin. Ta da!
Nick

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:25 am

Well I've always been in favor of this idea, and I have discussed it quite a bit with Solfius. I think each press should make identical coins, a serial number seems to be the best idea so far.
Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:31 am

Maybe a two machine device. A press that is genric and a stamp {a.k.a a plate} that is specific. The stamps would have a game generated serial number that would be on every coin stamped. To make a stamp that is identical to an existing one would require the serial number found on any coin combined with maybe a special tool or luck roll for conterfitting.
swampthing_bob

Postby swampthing_bob » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:40 am

You should be able to make different coins on the same machine. Like you build the machine but you have to make stamp blocks in order to make a coin. That makes it so there is less machines. There is also a problem with differnt personalized coins. One coin would have a varried valleu in differnt places. So you would have to out an exchange rate.
Don't make me angry
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:22 pm

the exchange rates is something that has to be sorted in game. For the purposes of implementation we approach the idea from a technical standpoint, eg, what do we include in the idea?

I think the idea of stamp blocks is good. You could make different kinds of coins with one machine.

edit: added response to stamp blocks
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:52 pm

It seems to me that the only purpose of plates in a Cantr coin press is added work. And that leads to a decrease in fake money. I think one press should make any coin, just by typing in the words to be pressed in. Plates could always be duplicated. And there should be the option to duplicate. Cantr provides just the basics of gameplay. How the characters use those basics is up to them. And the anti-forgery measure is the resources, tools, and time needed just to build the machine. Plus the time to make the coins. As I said before, if someone draws up a contract and signs my name to it, I'll attack them to make sure they don't cheat me out of my rights and property.
Meh

Postby Meh » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:00 pm

And if it goes with the "no stamps" process then it would be nice if there was a way to destory or move the machines of the couterfietors.

I guess you could just take over thier building if not.
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:31 pm

Steel would be needed for the machine. So there would be steel for crowbars... But destroying buildings, machines, etc. in the game would also help.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:37 pm

I would think that a non-personalised coin press would need stone, wood, and iron. A perosnlaised one would need stone, wood, iron, and steel.

The difference is because you need finer quality/strong metal/something different, to be able to work with and engrave the detail onto the press plate.
Camino

Postby Camino » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:44 am

The whole coin thing and press is a great idea and I think that having anti-forgery programming is a bad thing because it should just be up to those in charge to do what they can to prevent that from happening.

Using any material for coins is also quite funny because you could have joke coins made from bread or something. As for the presses they should be of a single type and blocks should be used I think thats much better then two different types of press if you wanted plain coins you could just use a plain block and so on.
Meh

Postby Meh » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:49 am

Should a few coastal areas be blessed with "sand dollars". No not dollars made out of sand, is a specifc type of seashell.

"Colored beads" made out of wood?

"Scalps" :twisted: {and just to note that was a colonial invention not a native one}

"Teeth" ?
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:57 am

Maybe not teeth, but bones? I think it would be bad luck if you tried to make counterfeit coins from a dead body.
Meh

Postby Meh » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:05 am

Pelts? Now that there's animals.
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:19 am

Maybe not pelts as money. Unless you bartered for something with it. Though it does bring up the subject of hides and their uses. Those uses pretty much being everything notes can do now. And cloth.But those are other topics.
agentsteel

Postby agentsteel » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:10 pm

the cion pres is an great idea,but it should be kept simple,one kind of press with different stamps,using more resources for higher denominations,with the money being made from metal resources,the only way you should be able to build one though is if the town you are in has 20 buildings or so,when its built thats it, only one per town,and the money that comes out should automaticcly be imprinted with the town name and amount,by making it only for the bigger towns it would be an advance for the town for the hard work involved in building up a city like that.this way would take the couterfiet deal out,anyway it should nt be easy for everybody to just start making money named any thing they like

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”