More Sources Of Energy

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Gary Connor

More Sources Of Energy

Postby Gary Connor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:12 pm

:idea: :idea: I think that there should be (title of thread) in Cantr 2..like(i dont know if this is already in place or not) but Beds, if you sleep in one then you build up some energy, If you add Weather to Cnatr then you can make clothes, put them on (if it's cold, then you lose some energy) and you dont lose energy...It doesn't have to be a activity, just have the clothes in your inventory, and it automatically stops the Cold!! :shock: :o :shock: :o also, if you put Drinks into Cantr, e.g. Water, drinking it gets you energy too aswell as Milk, but...Soft Drinks e.g. Coke, dont give you as much!!(however of course you wouldn't be able to make coke in Cantr so we would have to come up with some other Drinks....like coffee and Tea, you could farm Coffee beans and tea leaves, and for milk, you could Use Cows that are in your town and milk them...maybe make a machine to speed up the process, and build a "Pen" to put the cows in to stop them from leaving the town! What do you think?
Just Because your Parinoid Doesn't meant Their Not After You!

-----------------------
Gary Connor
Players Department
Resource Department
-----------------------
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:18 pm

It has been suggested before...firstly they would have to implement energy, then we could brainstorm about what kind of stuff would make the energy bar rise or drop :)
Gary Connor

Postby Gary Connor » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:19 pm

no i dont mean Energy, i mean The STrenght...sorry if it confused anyone
Just Because your Parinoid Doesn't meant Their Not After You!

-----------------------

Gary Connor

Players Department

Resource Department

-----------------------
Muh Ass haha

Postby Muh Ass haha » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:32 am

I think the whole thing would be a a good idea... It might be a little too complicated though. You'd have to have weather and all that first. Plus it would be ALOT more confusing for the newbies... I know that I tried explaining Cantr to one of my friends and he was so lost he just quit even though I told him he'd figure it out... I just think that it will confuse people more than it needs to. And it would also suck to be stuck in a snow storm and not have clothes when you're traveling....
Alcatraz

Random rush of ideas!

Postby Alcatraz » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:09 am

Then...two different area's of strength? You condition, or health, and your actual strength. Being hit would decrease your health, and that would decrease your strength by a measure, but things like cold would only affect your strength. Cloth's would work like armor, conditions work like weapons. If your health is low, you can't protect against cold of 20% with your winter clothes, but at 100% health, your winter clothes protect against 25% cold. Also, perhaps you lose 6% strength per hour awake, 8% per hour awake and working. While sleeping, there is a probability of hearing noises like knocking and violence, but none of hearing talking. If some one talks to you, there is a probability of hearing it, and if you do you wake up. If someone hits you then you automatically wake up. Sleeping recovers 25% strength per hour. Also recovers some small amount of health per hour (less than one?).

Sound good? Any ideas?
Wim van de Griendt

Postby Wim van de Griendt » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:36 am

The problem is that this would require programming a char, because you cannot people to expect to login just before they want their char to sleep and then in 4 hours again when he is fully recharged again. You should be able to play this game with login in once a day, and it should not be impossible to not login for a week or so.
"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." -- Immanuel Kant
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:29 pm

Not everyone's life is cantr...like mine. :( Oh well. I guess I'll be one of those people, once I get a jorb.*bursts inro tears*
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:36 pm

Wim van de Griendt wrote:it should not be impossible to not login for a week or so.

as far as I'm concerned that isn't possible anyway...
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:23 pm

You could program the character to automatically take breaks and rest up now and then...but then they would just lay down on the ground.

If you have a room and better yet, a bed, it should require less resting time.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Moved: Most of what has been suggested has already been implemented.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”