Gas tanks and consuming fuel

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:14 am

K-island has so many veggies you should just stick with making biodiesel. Besides it's such a small island that what do you need cars for? I visited every damn location on that island in eight years, by foot, and that included stationary periods.
Not-so-sad panda
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:
west wrote:But the good thing about it is it requires a certain amount of infrastructure. This will reward cooperation and *gasp* social interaction.
Someday, one day, over a rainbow... people will start realising that saying this a lot does not make it true. Have any of the changes enforced with this excuse ever had the desired effect?
This is just another change which attempts to enforce cooperation by adding drawbacks for not cooperating.

I'm yet to really see an implementatoin that encourages cooperation by providing bonus incentives. Which I think would be much more successful
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:41 pm

I guess it's what is known as a disruptive technology. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. It's much the same as the RL inventions which suddenly put otlers and thatchers out of business.
2 of my chars are happy, 2 unhappy and one doesn't care.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:48 pm

I'm not freaking out yet. Only one of my characters had a motored vehicle, he made it under very primitive conditions and I'm glad I've had the chance of cruising around an island where most people are toting bone spears. Besides I know where to get propane. Though maybe making something out of potatoes might work out.
Not-so-sad panda
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:27 pm

formerly known as hf wrote:I'm yet to really see an implementatoin that encourages cooperation by providing bonus incentives. Which I think would be much more successful

Yea, but that probably won't happen.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:58 pm

formerly known as hf wrote:
The Surly Cantrian wrote:
west wrote:But the good thing about it is it requires a certain amount of infrastructure. This will reward cooperation and *gasp* social interaction.
Someday, one day, over a rainbow... people will start realising that saying this a lot does not make it true. Have any of the changes enforced with this excuse ever had the desired effect?
This is just another change which attempts to enforce cooperation by adding drawbacks for not cooperating.

I'm yet to really see an implementatoin that encourages cooperation by providing bonus incentives. Which I think would be much more successful
I agree, Farmer. Although I'm not sure what a implementatoin is :wink:

Positive changes rather than negative ones.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:15 pm

I need a question answered in order to know if a certain town's cars will be able to be fueled at all in the next few years.........

Is the wiki yet incomplete, or is it true the only way to make alcohol is with barley? I thought there was going to be a potato option, but I can't find it.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:55 pm

You can make alcohol from Rye, Barley, Wheat, Corn, Wood & ... Potatoes

A list of most (if not all) the alcohol creation projects can be found on the database update pages here
http://www.cantr.net/mwiki/index.php/Re ... 4_Dec_2006
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:54 pm

The projects have been updated on the entry for the Pot still.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:43 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:Positive changes rather than negative ones.

We are of course working on some of those now... *eyeshift* Maybe... Let Wichy mention them (assuming they exist :) ) if he wants... But honestly, this isn't a negative change. It'll actually add economies to places that were before practically useless. Besides, a lot of you are overblowing the amount of extra labor it'll add to maintaing a car. Honestly, most cars I've ever seen don't move around that much... and those that do bring in such an uncomparable amount of profit, that a bit (and believe me it isn't a grotesque amount) of extra expendature really won't make it less economically viable.
Scratch and sniff text
KUKUS

Postby KUKUS » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:39 pm

sorry by my badly inles :oops:

podria to consider the option to obtain gas from the dung?

at the moment in some cities dung without that way processing in great amounts and tendria is accumulated a greater use.

the dung in the real life produces methane, so nonserious preposterous to also use it like last fuel origin a determined refined process of.

greetings.
Y yo me iré y se quedarán los pájaros cantando.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:Any extra work for no gain is a negative change, Nakranoth.

And this will not add economies to any areas. It is just another machine you have to build in order to have a "successful" location. None of the changes that RD have brought in recently have created these supposed new economies have they? Just more work.

Cantr is very labour intensive, which is part of why I don't think it appeals to very many.

I've already seen new fuel economies cropping up with my charries. And yes, we're making the "good" counterbalance. Also, yes it is a negative change for the resource horders at the top, for their hordes of resources will be slightly diminished paying for the production of fuels, but that means that people are getting paid for the production of fuels, who can then pay for or make other things... it's economy at its most basic level... adding a demand adds economy. It's a pretty straightforwad concept. Of course you'll still not be happy, because you apparently want everything good, and nothing bad, such that everyone in Cantr can be rich and make everything by themselves. That's boring.

Kukus, we've concidered adding a dung to gas project, but I'm not personally sure what the status on it is.
Scratch and sniff text
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:25 am

Interesting..I've wondered for a long time how cars could magically move themselves in Cantr. lol

I think my richest character just got richer.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
dryn

Postby dryn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:Interesting..I've wondered for a long time how cars could magically move themselves in Cantr. lol

"The Flintstones, meet the Flintstones! They are a medern stoneage family!"

But personally I always like hopes and dreams. In fact I am tempted to suggest the 'oneiromotivator'. All you need to do is talk to it about your future plans and off it goes!

As for the demand/economy thing. I agree with Nakranoth, it will 'add economy' (a phrase which I will take to mean an increase in the level of dynamics in industries or something like that). The thing is it will only increase if people bother with it and not just ride non-fuel vehicles, which remains to be seen.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:34 am

Ahh! Don't get the song in my head! :lol:

Yep, I think most Cantrians are good sports when it comes to that kind of thing.

Not what happened:

Michael Zwellinghart (a man in I think its seventies...) says: Man, I hate this new update! How am I supposed to drive! *kicks the side of the car* Ow! Who wants to buy this piece of junk?

Sorry...I was in the zone there.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”