Cancelation of Projects

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Piscator wrote:
Peanut wrote:What if we make the canceling into a project as well.

When worked upon the completion % goes down until it hits 0% eventually.

Then it can be canceled completely.

Sounds interesting. Maybe this could in the far future be extended to recycle objects. Recyling an object would create an 100% completed project. You could either restore it by working on it for a tick, or disassemble it by cancelling the project until the status reached 0%.

That's fu**ing brilliant!
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 pm

The only problem I see is that you would be able to insta-repair items with this method. You could make a project from a crumbling knife, complete the project in one hour and would recieve one in perfect shape. Either you would have to store the deterioration status with the project or you would have to only allow recyling of at least 95% repaired items.
Pretty in pink.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 pm

If you don't eliminate the object ID until the deconstruction project is completed, then the deterioration state can remain intact easily enough. Now that I think about it, it seems round-about though. Better to have a recycling project in name, even if it uses the deconstruction mechanics behind the scenes.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Well, since you would have to initiate a project, it could easily be named "recyle XY". And if people would like to see it progressing from 0 to 100% rather than the other way round, that's a simple matter of 100 - x.
Pretty in pink.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Things that may or may not have been said.

If the project has 0% progress and does NOT have all of the materials I'd at LEAST like to be able to destroy the items blocking the device, whatever it is.

Worthless projects that require NOTHING, farming etc, just remove them if older then X days. No need to make it physical.. just anything that is "done by hand" in the means of recourse gathering.. POOF gone after X days (Cantr or RL days). If you can't then anything that is a simple gathering of whatever that requires NOTHING to pick up... the option to remove it within a RL OR Cantr day... would be best. (I know those are different times but... I like easy to remember marks.)

Projects that have all resources and some % done... should have the option to either work FOR the end result or against it but NEVER BOTH. If the project is at 5% and will take 100days.. I'm working the other way. Do I get the stuff though? Hmm... that's a good question.. my brain says 1/2 or none, tough titties, but whatever.

The only problem I see is this would be,yes, easy sabotage and act stupid but.. well this is kinda a way to reverse sabotage and stupid as well.
Jack Dudeman

Postby Jack Dudeman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm

I'd like to revive this thread because it doesn't seem to be implemented, and this discussion seems to have died a year ago. Forgive me if it's already implemented, maybe I just can't seem to be able to do it.

It just seems silly to me that if you throw some meat on a fire pit, then realize you don't have any wood, you can't pick the meat back up and try again with the fuel that you do have.

I'm a little confused because this thread is in "Accepted Suggestions" but is it really accepted? Perhaps it just takes a long time to code it properly, but I'd really like to see this in-game.
Was it for this my life I sought?
Maybe so, maybe not.
Jack Dudeman

Postby Jack Dudeman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:33 pm

Excuse me, I was wrong about the thread being a year old... it was another one I was reading. *looks embarrassed*

Although I think this should be implemented soon. ... I'll be quiet now.

*goes back to playing cantr*
Was it for this my life I sought?

Maybe so, maybe not.
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:45 pm

This was just suggested and accepted right at 4 weeks ago so it will take some time before it is implemented.
Every action has a consequence.
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:58 pm

I suggest that we considere priority to the necessary studies for the implementation of this suggestion, tends in view that it is of supreme importance for the Players Department, beccause the relationship with the subject of the illicit nature of the sabotage.

(excuse my precarious English)
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Yes, I would like to see this implemented also.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm

That was worded excellently, HFrance.

And yes... get it moving. :P
returner

Postby returner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:27 am

HFrance wrote:I suggest that we considere priority to the necessary studies for the implementation of this suggestion, tends in view that it is of supreme importance for the Players Department, beccause the relationship with the subject of the illicit nature of the sabotage.

(excuse my precarious English)

Well said for a non-english speaker, you use words bigger than a lot of english-speakers can even imagine using! :wink:

And I agree, let's look into implementing it.

Maybe I should join the prog department.. I know a bit of PHP and am jobless at the moment until further notice (I may be going to uni and living off parents/government monies, so I could probably make a Cantr III in my spare time :P )
Doug R.

Re: Cancelation of Projects

Postby Doug R. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Alright, can we get this finished?

-0% projects return all resources instantly (but can only be canceled by the initiator for a certain time, like projects without resources added).

-Projects upon which work has been done are treated as disassembly projects. Canceling a project simply converts it to a disassembly, requiring all the tools as a disassembly and returning according to the rules for that object. (Inversely, we could make disassembly projects into assembly projects by clicking the same button, but this would be a bonus).

Bonus:

Abandoned resource gathering projects decay at the rot rate of the resource, eventually self-canceling or reaching zero %. A project would be considered abandoned if not worked on for 20 days.

Is this agreeable? Can we get it done?
AlchemicRaker

Postby AlchemicRaker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Cancelling the project and turning it into a disassembly should give it half of the progress time made on it.

(A 4 day project that I work 1 day on should take half a day to take apart, if I cancel it)

- Natso
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:08 pm

If that's how disassembly currently works, then that is implied.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”