Bigger 'Talk to all' box

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Lumin

Bigger 'Talk to all' box

Postby Lumin » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:49 am

Would it be possible to make that long narrow box just a couple of lines wider? When you're typing a long message it's easy to get mixed up and hard to proofread. Plus I think most people are more comfortable scrolling up and down than side to side.

Though if this is ever implemented it would probably be best to make it an option, so people can choose which one they prefer.
Augery

Postby Augery » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:38 am

I do like this, that we I will know how long my chars speech will be before they say it
Floyd

Postby Floyd » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:59 pm

Good idea :)
Schme wrote:We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later, and most likely sooner. When you have such a lifestyle, everyone, including yourself, knows that you are likely to die.
Anthony Roberts

Re: Bigger 'Talk to all' box

Postby Anthony Roberts » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:58 pm

Lumin wrote:Would it be possible to make that long narrow box just a couple of lines wider? When you're typing a long message it's easy to get mixed up and hard to proofread. Plus I think most people are more comfortable scrolling up and down than side to side.

Though if this is ever implemented it would probably be best to make it an option, so people can choose which one they prefer.

If you're going to make a long post, you really should be doing so in notepad while logged out, as to not waste minutes.

However, I can understand that if you're a fast typer, you don't bother (I know I don't, and I save pleanty of time, so I type in game without notepad)

So, essentially, I have to agree. Plus, the players do as well.

I'm moving this to ACCEPTED until Programming Department deems it otherwise (Since they'd have to implement it...)
-- Anthony Roberts
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Excellent
My old banner ;)

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:40 pm

Could we also change this on the person-to-person page when a character is "whispering" to another character? That's when I find I need it most.

Thanks!!
Russell of Los Angeles

Postby Russell of Los Angeles » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Hey! I wanted to make this exact same suggestion. But before I made another post, I searched... and LO! Here it is!

It is my favorite suggestion.
Capt. Mobious

Postby Capt. Mobious » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 pm

I love this idea! I can get quite wordy and I'm a fast typist so this is great! Please, please, please implement this--for both the Events page and the Person to Person page.

Thank you. Carry on... :)
Kreed

Postby Kreed » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Yep, its a good idea. I'm not a great typer and it'd be nice to see the typos at the start of my sentence. :D
Yuk yuk yuk.
Nick

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:10 pm

This would look very ugly.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:41 pm

It would, unless the layout is changed.
At the moment the text box fits the margins of the page, if it extended beyond that it's look strange, and might not fit a smaller res screen.

On that note, how far is the progress on shifting the Cantr pages to css stylesheets?
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:00 am

Well if it was just optional like she suggested than it wouldn't matter if it was ugly. MAybe if you could just click a button to drop the box down th erest of the way, and then after you said whatever and the page reloaded it went back to normal?

Anyway, I like the idea too. Right now it's easy to screw up what you're typing, there's been several times when I accidentally cut part of a sentence off by copy and pasting, since it looked like the whole thing was highlighted when it was actually just the visible part.
marol

Postby marol » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:48 am

hallucinatingfarmer wrote:On that note, how far is the progress on shifting the Cantr pages to css stylesheets?
Not well I have to admit... but it is going to be changed cause we found a new concept how to acheive code and HTML separation.
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:29 pm

I mentioned this before, no one listened *sighs* hehe.
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Frits

Postby Frits » Thu May 11, 2006 1:06 am

On this subject, i hate it the cursor in this talkbox starts activated as the eventpage is loaded. Usually im navigating events and need to hit End or PageDown.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”