Beauty Care Items

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:36 pm

You need bristles, yo. ;)

Fur for the bristles, and also an ivory option. Not enough use for ivory.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Piscator wrote:Okay... will that be an action item as it is intended for dice and pipes? "You see XY combing herself"?

In my opinion, no. I know few will agree, but the only thing that the event thing was necessary for are the dice. Smoking and music-making events only disencourage RP. People randomly press the play button on their bone flute while talking to someone, and everyone ignores it. Much better would be to have them roleplay playing that flute.

*Shrugs.* I know it's useless to bother suggesting it though.

And I disagree with no bone comb. Since it's a RP-only item anyway, it doesn't really matter. People who care to make one will care about the materials used as well. So they won't go for the cheap alternative.
Read about my characters by following this link.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 am

Unless they don't have other resources to spare. I could see a lot of people making bone combs just because there are so little uses for bones and you have piles of them lying around anyway.
Not-so-sad panda
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:22 am

How about a fishbone comb made from cod? I'm not 100% serious tough... :)
Pretty in pink.
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:18 am

*Wiro wrote:
Piscator wrote:Okay... will that be an action item as it is intended for dice and pipes? "You see XY combing herself"?

In my opinion, no. I know few will agree, but the only thing that the event thing was necessary for are the dice. Smoking and music-making events only disencourage RP. People randomly press the play button on their bone flute while talking to someone, and everyone ignores it. Much better would be to have them roleplay playing that flute.

*Shrugs.* I know it's useless to bother suggesting it though.

And I disagree with no bone comb. Since it's a RP-only item anyway, it doesn't really matter. People who care to make one will care about the materials used as well. So they won't go for the cheap alternative.

I agree with you here. RP items should be exactly that, RP items. Not an items that generates the same event message for every character that uses one.

Also, I don't want to see it sit in the awaiting programming category forever like the pipes are starting to do.

So, I say we go ahead and get this in the game as simple item that allows others to RP with it however the see fit. I will start a topic in the RD forum to discuss requirements and details.
Every action has a consequence.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”