Point at objects

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am

People have got to other language thingies from their own now? :D
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:02 pm

:?:

Can you translate that into English? :P
Elros

Postby Elros » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Crosshair wrote:People have got to other language thingies from their own now? :D

He meant to say, "Players have travelled to other language continents on thier own now?".

For instance they spawned on the English continent and travelled to the Russian continent. He said that in response to what someone else said about comunicating hunting laws to people that do not speak the language.

At least I think this is what he was saying. :lol:
Every action has a consequence.
wejdas

Postby wejdas » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 pm

Elros wrote:He meant to say, "Players have travelled to other language continents on thier own now?".

If that was the question, then yes. Some of the nations in neighbouring continents have intermixed to a great extent already. And we have a lot of communication problems. Pointing at things, including animals and resources would be a great help.
Elros

Postby Elros » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:38 pm

I agree. Pointing at items is a good idea, but I don't know why people are still posting that on here because this is already in accepted. *smiles*
Every action has a consequence.
Snake_byte

Re: Point at objects

Postby Snake_byte » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Is there an update to this...? I think at least just pointing to projects would be great.
My old banner ;)
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 am

I'm creating a task for this in the ProgD forum. That doesn't mean someone starts working on it right away, just that it's in the pipeline of stuff to do.
Yang

Point on project

Postby Yang » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Its would be good, if you could point on project to show somebody where he should work, or where to look closer.

Now, when ordering people to work in some work there is a problem. As game is translated in polish, but projects are not. So when i say where they should work i need tell them polish name hoping they will find correct one on list, or use name from list, and use language that this character don't know. Pointing on project make it very simple, because you can point on person and then where he work. No need even to speak anything, so language is no longer problem, and you can believe me that now is a big problem.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Point on project

Postby Greek » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:35 pm

It's already suggested and accepted. Madfish was working on pointing at everything task, but I took it when he passed away. Do not expect to see it soon ;d
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Did Madfish die (which is what "passed away" means) or just quit Cantr?
Yang

Postby Yang » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 pm

He had hart attack :twisted:

(not log in for too long time :mrgreen: )

So erase this topic then. Many ideas are in my head and not sure if i saw them or figure out new ones. Just sharing those that can be useful and liked by most.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 pm

I kind of think GreeK meant that Madfish quit PD. Madfish posted just a week ago, but his forum name is regular color now and he doesn't have the "Programming Department" tag under his username anymore.

And yes: "passed away" does mean "died".

</offtopic>
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:00 am

He unsubscribed after posting last week.

Merged topics. Please search before posting suggestions.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:09 pm

unsubscribing from Cantr = instant death

Pointing at objects, notes etc. implemented.

I'm going to implement pointing at projects also but I'm not sure how could it work in example when pointed project is finished and there is still information about that action on the events page. Any ideas?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Yang

Postby Yang » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Greek wrote:I'm going to implement pointing at projects also but I'm not sure how could it work in example when pointed project is finished and there is still information about that action on the events page. Any ideas?

Just like with vehicles. When vehicle leave, there is still information about it, but there is no vehicle right?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”