Point at objects

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: Point at objects

Postby Snickie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:54 am

Greek wrote:unsubscribing from Cantr = instant death

I like that; I LOL'd at it. But does that mean Mojo, Ches, EchoMan, etc are ghosts? Zombies? :D

Greek wrote:Pointing at objects, notes etc. implemented.

I'm going to implement pointing at projects also but I'm not sure how could it work in example when pointed project is finished and there is still information about that action on the events page. Any ideas?

Simple. If the project exists, link it to the project page. If the project doesn't exist, then redirect it to a page that says something along the lines of "This project no longer exists either because it was completed or it was cancelled." And put a back button on the bottom of that page. Or just make that an ERROR message shown at the top of the events page.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:31 am

The event (with the link) is created at the time of the pointing. When you look at 7 day old events the project is likely finished. We don't want to go into all old events and change the link. That is the issue.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm

So the only way you could implement what I said above is to go in and manually change the links?
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Snickie wrote:Simple. If the project exists, link it to the project page. If the project doesn't exist, then redirect it to a page that says something along the lines of "This project no longer exists either because it was completed or it was cancelled." And put a back button on the bottom of that page. Or just make that an ERROR message shown at the top of the events page.

In this way we shouldn't need any link changes I think.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:19 am

That's what I thought. So either you're wrong and it does need manual link changes, or we both misunderstood EchoMan's position.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:53 pm

More plz?
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:42 am

Pointing at projects implemented without link to project info.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”