Coin Press (rklenseth's idea)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

JherodJ

Postby JherodJ » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:12 am

I`ll read those,thanks!! no need to counter points though as I said once what you described happens than this idea is vital and needed,until than it will just be another useless querk,like dasies,Unless you can tell me what those do;) Besides making female cantrians happy;)

So if resources get exhausted,will they also spring up? for instance a message like*a gold vein has been discovered) imagine the excitement or
*the dirt has been found to contain low grade coal*
"Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise
-what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be,
it would.
You see?"
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:17 am

I think resources should be replenished, although not necessarily at the same place, at the same rate tools, weapons, and the like are destroyed, perhaps. Like, in the time it takes for a sabre to become rusted away junk, some molten iron could have pushed up into a vein somewhere. Just so we don't end up completely out of resources, or overwhelmed in new ones.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:06 pm

according to my economically minded freind cantr can never have proper economies because resources aren't finite, there is no limit to supply or summin, no rarity, and rarirty is wht economies are based, on summin like tht, so resources being used up and discovered could help tht
west

Postby west » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:54 pm

but there is a limit to how much can be done at once...it still takes time and travel and infrastructure to make a sabre, though...

although I do think it'd be better if stuff could get lost or broken or something...wear down...especially all those half-finished buildings...
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:57 pm

yea, currently production companies can profit for so long, but soon the market is saturated and they will go out of business.

The only way in game to stop that is buy only hiring out tools etc
JherodJ

Postby JherodJ » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:19 pm

Until deteriation is implemented,The only way I see to kep and economy going long term is to make sure demand outstrips supply,The only way to accomplish this is if people who make stuff make less and hoard more,pretending they have nothing until the demand is high and than selling limited quantities.Also killing people and hoarding things will increase demand;)
"Nothing would be what it is,

Because everything would be what it isn't.

And contrary-wise

-what it is, it wouldn't be.

And what it wouldn't be,

it would.

You see?"
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:43 pm

On new reosurces spring up.

1) A resource category of "hidden resource" so that the Resource Staff can place things rather than random things popping up

2) A small chance that working a resource project would reveal the hidden resource

3) Even better is that the hidden resource now revealed would only be visibile to the player that found it. They could point to it publically or privately to spread the word. If the "gold" was found in the "sand" if someone working on the hidden "gold" were to be seen it would look like they are digging for "sand".
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:46 pm

I like tht idea.

Hidden resoucre I think would just mean that the resource is there, but has to be found. Or did you intend that resoucres run out and must be replaced by the resources dept.?
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:52 pm

Regardless of resources running out. That I support even fields need to be fallow to not turn to sand...

It would be neat if there were a few resorces that were secret to a few random lucky players. They could choose whether to share the info or not.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:55 pm

Well, yes hidden resources would be a good idea regardless IMO
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:59 am

IRL, gold and silver, and diamonds for that matter, originally had only asthetic value. Later, they had value because everyone beleived they did... even leading economists in the 18th century.
(No diamond drills existed at that point :lol: )

I still ask, in what way is a generic 1g iron coin worth more than 1g of iron? Or even as much if it cannot be melted down?

I really like the hidden resources, although you kind of need to be careful with resource depletion. Maybe make it possible to 'develop' more of a resource to collect? Might take longer every time, so eventually it would be ineffective, at least for mined materials. Isn't the whole hidden resources discussion a bit off topic?
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:25 pm

I still ask, in what way is a generic 1g iron coin worth more than 1g of iron? Or even as much if it cannot be melted down?

That would be up to societies in game to decide as well as the characters. I don't really see how arguing on the boards about what its worth will be to us as players when perhaps when it is added it should be argued by our characters should another character introduce it.

I really like the hidden resources, although you kind of need to be careful with resource depletion. Maybe make it possible to 'develop' more of a resource to collect? Might take longer every time, so eventually it would be ineffective, at least for mined materials. Isn't the whole hidden resources discussion a bit off topic?

I don't think we need to be careful at all with resource depletion. It would add a greater value to resources because they will become rarer. Plus, if the grid system is implemented then each grid could have so many grams of a certain resource. A person must go to an area and search by digging into the ground and (depending on a chance ratio) hits a resource each time this is done. Sometimes he might find nothing. Plus, I think there should someway to have different levels of earth in each grid so each level has so many resources as well. Maybe some resources, you would only be able to find at certain levels. Diamonds for instant should be found on levels deeper in the earth or at least the better quality diamonds. Instead of finding ways for developing metals we have in the game, perhaps, add in new metals that would either be more common or rarer and would give tools and weapons different strengths and quality and through the society a different value. A steel sword would be worth more than an iron sword unless the quality steel is worse while the iron isn't and the workmanship quality is better for the iron sword than the steel one.

And I don't think this goes off topic as well as the rarer the resource the more value a coin that is introduce will have. So it all affects each other in the end. :D
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:40 pm

Moved to Implemented since coin presses have been implemented.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”